It is the Company's intention to provide enough information of each position to all applicants and employees regarding the actual job duties (both physical and mental) so individuals can decide if they are qualified to adequately perform such tasks. Due to the vast number of tasks that may be assigned to each position, the following list is the Company's attempt to summarize the kinds of duties it has identified as "essential" for those holding this position.
• Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in English
• Capable of being at work as scheduled to relieve prior shift employees
• Experience in retail sales preferred
• Legally eligible to work in the United States
• Reliable transportation to and from the store
• Ask customers if they are interested in purchasing additional items (suggestive "plus" selling)
• Greet customers with a friendly welcome and be helpful to customers, vendors and co-workers
• Work alone and with others
• Follow Company policies, as well as, State and Federal laws
• Work with minimum direction and follow instructions given by supervisor(s)
• Complete other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL ABILITY - THE EMPLOYEE MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO:
• Exposed to cold or hot temperature extremes performing in the walk-in cooler, freezer and/or outdoors
• Bend at waist with some twisting during the workday
• Clean interior/exterior areas (trash disposal, bathrooms, spills, etc.)
• Grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands continuously throughout the day. (This requires eye-hand coordination, and may occasionally require climbing a ladder to store/retrieve materials or place/remove signs)
• Occasionally lift and/or carry up to 60 pounds from ground to waist (to replenish fountain syrups, ice, etc.) Push/pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds (utilizing a hand-truck, sweep and mop the floors, etc.)
• Routinely lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds from ground to overhead (stocking/maintaining inventory levels on the shelves, in the cooler and freezer, etc.)
• Stand, stoop and/or walk for an entire shift
• Accurately complete daily paperwork
• Properly ring up all sales on a cash register, accurately count back change, handle money, checks and other types of payment received for products sold
OPERATION OF EQUIPMENT:
• Efficiently perform multi-function operations of all store equipment (fuel pumps, measure fuel tank levels, etc.) Maintain property and equipment to ensure customers have a safe shopping experience
• Follow Company Loss Prevention and Safety Procedures, such as wearing suitable clothing for safety purposes, and not working outside at night, etc.
The above duties are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this job. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position.
Note: This job description may change periodically as required by business necessity, with or without consent or advance notice to employees.
All employee hire forms are provided as a resource and can be used by TMC Franchisees or Licensees at their sole discretion.
Posting ID: 549382083Posted: 2020-07-14