- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on requests received in the facility
- Makes outbound lead follow-up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail to qualify leads and sell products and services.
- Handles inbound sales lead calls to convert calls into sales.
- Responds to concerns and questions of prospective and existing customers by using consultative selling methods to determine needs and develop creative solutions to problems within the constraints of the facility operation.
- Provides product demos to qualified customers on request.
- Emphasizes salable features, quotes prices and credit terms, and prepares sales orders for orders obtained.
- Works with and through corporate, store and commercial management and employees to facilitate sales expectations and company service standards.
- Tracks stock levels and notifies Store Inventory Coordinator or management when new orders are needed.
- Coordinates special orders for out-of-stock product or materials that customers want to purchase.
- Estimates product quantities for prospective jobs and develops competitive pricing bids to solicit sales. Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's and supplier's production and delivery schedules. Schedules deliveries with customers and delivery coordinator.
- Coordinates customer training.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships.
- Prepares reports of business transactions.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Works with outside sales representative(s) to keep account activities and literature up to date. Assists outside sales representative(s) with customer and clients as required.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries, product quality or service.
- Travels to and attends trade shows as required.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures while carrying out the responsibilities of position.
- Attends all store meetings and training sessions as required.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints for residential and multi-family building projects preferred.
- Basic and intermediate knowledge of building products and local building codes preferred.
Posting ID: 568246714Posted: 2020-08-14