Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS) is seeking a Experienced Product Cyber Security Engineer (Level 4) for El Segundo, CA or Seal Beach, CA.
Position Overview: National Programs... The successful candidates will responsible for applying an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, validate and verify life-cycle balanced information system security solutions. This is a 1st shift position.
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify complex lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Develops, maintains and identifies improvements for the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- Identifies assets and assesses risks, threats, and vulnerabilities of the product assets in accordance with accepted industry, professional, and government standards to ensure security design integrity, availability, confidentiality, non-repudiation and contract compliance.
- Knowledgeable in secure manufacturing and anti-tamper design.
- Evaluates remediation recommendations and develops a cost to mitigate estimate.
- Employs system security processes, methods, and tools and assures their consistent application.
- Implements appropriate Accreditation and Authorization activities per JSIG, DoD and ICD 503 RMF, NISPOM, or DoD Overprint to the NISPOM as required by customers.
- Coordinates with system administrators, network and software engineers, test and validation engineers and program management on security related activities and requirements.
- Travel (25%) will be required for meetings with customers, internal meetings, etc.
- Works under minimal direction.
This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree or related certification and related experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience
- 3+ years of Cyber Security experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- CISSP certification
- Security + certification
Typical Education/ Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.).
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.