Our client is seeking an Operations Specialist to join the Network Operations team. The Network Operations Specialist will be responsible for managing operations in support of off-net channel distribution for its FAST linear cannels and VOD experiences. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: schedule implementation, metadata input, playlist and channel deployment and channel monitoring.
The appropriate candidate should have strong experience in a CMS-based web production environment as well as familiarity with media asset management systems, industry standard video and image specifications and metadata formats for online media distribution. Ideal candidate must possess the ability to self-manage tools and resources in order to process work, troubleshoot issues and report status updates on-time and in alignment with departmental stakeholder objectives.
This position is part of a small, integral group within the larger organization and is expected to work both independently and within an interdisciplinary team. Attention to detail, adherence to deadlines and accuracy in the execution of work is paramount to achieving success in this role. The candidate accepts that priorities can change rapidly and is able to shift operational efforts without stress or resistance. Off-hour work schedules and overtime may be required for this role.
• Manage day-to-day operations for off-net VOD and linear channels
• Orchestrate linear channel management and scheduling using both internal and external CMS systems
• Manage daily interactions and escalation points with third-party vendors
• Monitor linear stream distribution and stability across a number of partner platform endpoints
• Orchestrate media distribution activities and metadata entry within the CMS
• Perform front end QA of linear and VOD channel distribution across multiple partner platform experiences
• Maintain familiarity with partner platform technical and experience roadmaps as they interact with channel distribution and provide regular status reports to both internal stakeholders
• Liaise with product and engineering teams regarding feature enhancements for all platforms and products.
• Collect and analyze performance metrics to make data driven decisions product enhancements and operational processes
• Communicate feature enhancements or operational changes necessary to improve user experience, maximize production resources, and reduce operational costs
• Provide regular reporting of vendor performance, service integrity and distribution status updates to management
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Video Production/Post/Computer Sciences or equivalent field
• 5+ years' experience in new media, online audio, TV broadcast or interactive consumer entertainment products, preferably with a background in online video entertainment
• Working knowledge of CMS platforms either vendor or proprietary
• Demonstrated understanding of video consumer products and user interfaces
• Experience working in a media operations environment and/or digital linear content distribution
• Knowledge of web-based file transfer tools and delivery systems: Aspera, SFTP and FTP
• Knowledge of standard metadata and XML formats such as xls, xml, rss, and mrss
• Knowledge of video DRM protocols (Playready, Fairplay, Access, etc.)
• Familiar with FCC and W3C accessibility regulations as they pertain to the online video distribution
• Knowledge of online video monitoring tools (Conviva)
• Must be a creative thinker with a passion for video and digital entertainment while also demonstrating strong problem-solving skills
• Strategic, self-motivated, creative problem-solver who is flexible and can prioritize in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing deadlines
• Excellent organization and communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts to a wide variety of audiences
#piqPandoLogic. Keywords: Network Specialist, Location: Santa Monica, CA - 90407