Would you like to be part of the new space movement? Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have the leadership gene? Raytheon Intelligence & Space Systems is the place for you. In the last few years you might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail. Or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters. Maybe you've even gazed at images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Intelligence & Space Systems. Situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have unparalleled heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security and civil space. We are actively seeking engineers to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. Are you up to the challenge? We're looking for you. To view more on Raytheon Intelligence and Space, Space Systems click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcaKnZRnyCg
The Systems Engineering Center is seeking an excellent, technically sound Comms engineer for the role of Comms Systems Engineer who is committed and passionate about creating innovative, cost-effective solutions for advanced space-based Comms architectures, systems and mission capabilities. The successful candidate will serve as a Comms Systems Engineer on a large-scale, and very complex Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance and Communications (ISRC) Verona Program and will be responsible for supporting the delivery of verified products, components or services to support the Comms Sub-System team. The Comms Systems Engineer will provide technical contributions to the Integrated Sub-System and system engineering work products across the entire life cycle of the program, which may include architecture development, requirements development, system integration and test, verification and validation. This position reports to the Comms Sub-System Integrated Product Team Lead and interfaces with cross-functional product teams, sub-contractors program management, and functional managers.
- Minimum 4+ years of systems engineering experience
- Ability to conduct requirements development and flowdown of top-level functional, operational and constraining requirements to the Comms subsystem and hardware levels.
- Knowledge of Digital Design techniques and implementation (modem design and optimization, Advanced Coding and Modulation Schemes, SoC Design Implementation, ASIC or FPGA Design and Development)
- Ability to conduct Payload vs spacecraft trades and analyses
- Ability to conduct Requirements analysis and performance budgeting
- Ability to coordinate between organizations (cross-functional teams, customers and departments).
- Ability to contribute to the development of new ideas and concepts, translate these ideas into executable action plans, and communicate these plans to a diverse client base.
- Team oriented individual with strong interpersonal and communication skill
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Active and Current TS/SCI or completed SSBI within last 24 months required
- Experience in Space Systems
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing (Digital Pre-distortion techniques, Carrier Recovery, Channel Equalization)
- Knowledge of Antenna subsystem development (requirements analysis, performance budgeting, conceptual design)
- Knowledge of Anti-jamming communication algorithms
- Knowledge of space hardness and survivability environments; spacecraft subsystems (TT&C, ADC, CDH, Thermal, Structures/Mechanisms, propulsion, Guidance and Navigation); and Launch vehicle considerations.
- CONOPS trades and analyses (Orbital and constellation design)
- Data delivery/data chain flow trades and analyses (operations, observation payloads, communication system, and ground system)
- Master's Degree/PhD in relevant field
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or relevant STEM degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Posting ID: 602064735Posted: 2021-01-26