Company & Culture
For over 35 years El Pollo Loco continues to dominate the market in delivering the best citrus-marinated fire-grilled chicken. We opened our first restaurant in 1980 in Los Angeles, and today we are over 450 restaurants strong and still growing! From our products to our people, we’re truly amazing!
Have you ever envisioned leading a team to success or dared to help manage a million-dollar business? Well here’s your opportunity to live the dream! Put your team-building skills to the test and bring us your passion, energy and excellent interpersonal skills. We’ll provide you with an awesome training program, great mentors and an exceptional team that will help you launch your career. The rest is up to you! What’s in it for you!
We offer eligible Employees the following Benefits/Perks:
Shift Leader Summary:
- Medical + Dental + Vision Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D/Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement Program (General Manager and Assistant Manager only)
- Meal Discounts
- Provides oversight to Crew members in the absence of the General Manager or Assistant Manager. Coaches, directs, recognizes outstanding behavior, and establishes priorities for Crew members during their shift.
- Trains Crewmembers on policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with food safety, security, quality and cleanliness standards
- Opening and/or closing the restaurant
- Creating and ensuring superior guest experiences
- Contributing to the achievement of cost and profit goals
- Experience: Must be an EPL Crewmember certified on all EPL SPECS positions or have 1 or more years of restaurant supervisory experience.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred. Upon hire must pass the EPL Food Safety Audit (FSA) class.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal English communication skills (second language a plus)
- Competencies: Basic math and computer skills, and strong customer service skills
- Food Handler Card: Must have a Serve Safe Certificate at time of hire or obtain a Serve Safe Certificate, where applicable
- Work Hours: Full-Time hours, plus some Overtime may be expected
- Career Advancement/Career Plan: We promote heavily from within, so from a Shift Leader you can develop to become an Assistant Manager, General Manager, Area Leader, and beyond!
- Work Attire: EPL logo’d shirt will be provided, black slacks and no-slip shoes required
Posting ID: 557042822Posted: 2020-08-24