Are you amazed by the satellite views of cool places on Earth? We invite you to consider joining us in developing the next generation of space-based systems. The Raytheon Technologies Space Systems Engineering organization within the Systems Engineering Center (SEC) is currently seeking a Chief Engineer (CE) for a EO/IR payload. We are looking for a Chief Engineer who brings space systems leadership, engineering, capture, and proposal experience to a growth-oriented organization. Prior experience in Electro-Optical and Infrared (EOIR) payload design, development, testing, and operations is expected.
In this position, the candidate will be responsible for the technical execution of the program and for creating a cost-effective system solution. This technical leadership position requires a top performer with strong space systems domain knowledge and ability to bring together and lead a multi-disciplined, cross-functional team in the execution of program goals. This role will require regular engagement with customer counterparts as well as with internal Raytheon teams, and active participation in customer and program technical reviews. The Chief Engineer serves as the primary technical interface to the customer to determine the technical solution to their requirements. The candidate also plans, organizes, and administers technical reviews, coordinates engineering designs and builds, monitors the day-to-day operations, provides suggestions for all major technical decisions and designs, and represents engineering on the management team. The candidate will be responsible for meeting all technical requirements on the program acting as the product owner.
Responsibilities of the Chief Engineer include:
- Develop and lead the technical vision, strategy, and execution of the program
- Provide technical leadership and coordination, ensuring performance within cost and schedule.
- Lead program readiness and design reviews, lead customer TIMs, and keep management up to date on status
- Guide and direct other engineering team leads to achieve program and technical success.
- Provide engineering authority to all decisions impacting product integrity, system performance, and system functionality.
- Review all engineering inputs to gates and independent reviews. Lead all gates and independent reviews
- Establishes and maintains the program technical baseline, ensuring the product meets contractual needs, and establishes technical baseline artifacts
- Provide technical leadership in developing and maintaining the analysis to predict overall system performance
- Provide technical leadership in architecture definition and trades, requirements analysis, CONOPs, algorithms, interface definition, hardware and software design, procurement, integration, validation and verification
- Coordinate, write, and deliver technical presentations to both internal and external customers
- Act as the bridge between program management and technical staff
- Lead configuration control board, engineering review board, and risk review board
- Identify engineering resource gaps
- Monitor performance through technical performance measures
- Mentor more junior engineers
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience, with a minimum of 5 years in space-based EO/IR systems
- Experience providing technical leadership throughout the entire space product life cycle
- Experience in development (design, fabrication, integration & test) of high reliability space hardware
- Experience identifying engineering resources needed to get required engineering work product requirements done (people, processes, facilities & tools)
- Experience with identifying critical staffing resources to ensure staffing plans to address technical development areas
- Experience with developing and presenting technical briefings to the customer and company management
- Experience effectively leading teams of technical experts to resolve challenging technical problems, including multi-disciplined team
- Experience establishing and maintaining working relationship with all levels of the organization, including customers, users, and other peer groups
- Leadership skills to develop proposals for Government customers
- Experience of problem solving and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation), with prior experience in dealing with customers, management, technical staff, and internal / external organizations
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance as of Day 1 of Employment
- Active TS clearance
- Experience as Chief Engineer on a space program or another role providing technical leadership to a large engineering team
- Experience leading critical design reviews, test readiness reviews, and test review boards
- Experience with creating and maintaining a technical baseline
- Experience in Model Based System Engineering tools for developing architectures and functional analysis.
- Experience leading development, systems engineering, and testing of electro-optical (EO) space systems
- Experience developing EOIR payload electronic modules
- Experience with modeling and simulation of space systems, as well as Mission & CONOPS analysis
- Experience in IV&V planning, test methodologies and test requirements development for space systems
- Knowledge of US Export/Import law in regards to space technologies
- Experience in deploying a rigorous Integrated Product Development Process
- Experience with Environmental Testing activities such as thermal, vibration and EMI
- Experience with STE design, testing or operation
- Experience with software integration and test, configuration management
- Experience in cost and schedule management using a government approved Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Experience in proposal management, from initial pursuit and capture planning to proposal delivery
- Experience in writing Basis of Estimates (BOEs)
- Familiarity with requirements management tool such as Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related STEM discipline
**U.S. Citizenship Status is requires as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems**
- Masters degree in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related STEM discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Posting ID: 601714754Posted: 2021-01-25