Company & Culture
For over 35 years El Pollo Loco continues to dominate the market in delivering the best citrus-marinated fire-grilled chicken. We opened our first restaurant in 1980 in Los Angeles, and today we are over 450 restaurants strong and still growing! From our products to our people, we're truly amazing!
Our Crew Members are the heart and soul of our restaurants. Each and every one of our Crew Member careers plays a meaningful and critical role in the El Pollo Loco familia. What's in it for you!
We offer eligible Employees the following Benefits/Perks:
Cook Job Summary:
- Flexible Scheduling: Full-Time or Part-Time
- Medical + Dental + Vision Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D/Long Term Disability
- Meal Discounts
If you're interested in firing up the grills, we'll provide the hands-on training to help you succeed! This is a job you can take pride in and gain the grilling expertise which put El Pollo Loco on the map more than 30 years ago. Requirements:
- Experience:No prior experience is required, but one or more years of restaurant cooking experience is preferred.
- Education:High school diploma or equivalent (GED) is preferred.
- Communication:Ability to speak and read English is preferred (second language is a plus). Ability to communicate effectively with external customers required.
- Competencies:Kitchen, time-management, and customer service skills are preferred
- Food Handler Card:A food handler card required where applicable
- Physical Demands:The Cook regularly stands, talks, hears, uses close and distance vision, tastes or smells and repetitively uses their hands to reach/handle/feel/grasp objects. The position occasionally stoops/kneels/crouches/crawls and may lift objects up to 40 lbs.
- Work Hours:Full-Time or Part-Time hours available.
- Career Advancement/Career Plan:We promote heavily from within, so from a Crew Member you can develop to become a Shift Leader, Assistant Manager, General Manager, and beyond!
- Work Attire:EPL logo'd shirt will be provided, black pants or jeans and no-slip shoes required
- 16785 Sierra Lakes Pkwy, Fontana, CA 92336, USA
Posting ID: 576765820Posted: 2020-09-30