The Painter is responsible for the day-to-day painting of the apartment community in accordance with company standards, policies and procedures. The Painter performs painting throughout the exterior and interior of the apartment community.
The Painter, as with all company team members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a professional manner that is consistent with the Business Ethics, Employee Conduct and Confidentiality policy outlined in the employee handbook.
- Follows all safety procedures and regulations
- Performs paint service requests (work orders) for the apartment community and completes related paper work in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
- Performs scheduled full and partial paint of apartments, noting safety equipment used and regulation followed on vacant apartments and company policies and procedures.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance in accordance with the community’s preventative maintenance program.
- Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, organizes parts and materials required for paint service requests and plans paint work in advance to ensure efficient completion of all paint work.
- Assists in maintaining inventory by properly monitoring and recording inventory items.
- Maintains all storage facilities, equipment and the paint workshop in a neat and orderly working condition.
- Regularly provides information to the Property Management Staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance of the community to ensure, high quality, safe living environment for the residents and marketability of the community.
- Retrieves and dispenses of any visible trash or garbage on the property in route to work assignments.
- Provides and maintains his/ her own hand tools customarily used in the industry and building trades.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Actual job duties and responsibilities may vary depending on the size of the community.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of First Aid and Safety procedures.
- Previous building/apartment related painting experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Skills and Abilities
- Perform all paint related tasks.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Manage projects through planning, organizing, and coordinating tasks.
- Operate hand tools.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
The Painter works on-site at an apartment community and interfaces with external/internal customers, residents, and vendors on a regular basis. The position work schedule varies depending on the property. Hours are usually scheduled from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and may be scheduled to work weekend days (Sat/Sun). Must be available to work over-time as needed. The Painter should be flexible with availability depending on the needs of the property.
The Painter physical condition must be sufficient for the consistent and successful completion of the specific responsibilities defined for this position and for his/her performance to be in complete conformance with all professional standards defined for this position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk, and hear. May be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and operate power tools. Must be able to occasionally drive during the course of work.
Posting ID: 570869239Posted: 2020-09-22