Do you want to be a part of a life saving organization? Working with healthy individuals is just part of the Awe of this new career! Come join our incredible team!
Since 1948, Vitalant (formerly known as BloodSource) has proudly served as a leader in the blood banking industry. We are a globally-recognized leader in blood transfusion medicine.
Working at Vitalant is more than a job, it is a chance to be part of something bigger than yourself. If you are inspired to make an impact and are passionate about playing a vital role in our dedicated team, then we encourage you to consider a career at Vitalant.
Our shared mission to save and improve the lives of others is our greatest strength. Every day, we empower others to act on their urge to help. We are inspired by ordinary people doing extraordinary things.
This is also a great career for the New Nurse Graduate.
- We are looking for Four Registered Nurses to add to our Redding Donor Center located at 2680 Larkspur Lane, Redding, CA .
- Position may be eligible for a sign-on bonus!
- Day Shift Work
- Healthy, Positive Work Environment!
- You must be able to work a flexible schedule and 2 weekends a month - schedules come out in 3 week increments. We work 5 days a week or more if you desire to sign up for additional shifts.
- Must be able to attend Full-Time Paid Training in Sacramento up to 14 weeks (not all at once). We will pay for a hotel stay (Monday - Friday) while in Training.
Donor Schedule/Clinic Hours:
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for performing all duties related to the efficient, safe, and compliant collection of blood and blood products. Works collaboratively as a member of the team and in alignment with the values of the organization. Performs Apheresis Red Cell Collection and/or Plasma Pheresis. Performs Platelet Pheresis and/or Therapeutic Apheresis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence policy.
- Performs all duties related to the collection and handling of blood and blood products (e.g., computerized medical screening, phlebotomy, load, set-up, tear down, pack blood, advanced eligibility calculations, and daily quality control).
- Communicates all pertinent information effectively and timely. Brings issues to the attention of those in authority or leadership positions, as necessary.
- Works as part of a team to achieve daily team production goals.
- Assists and supports other team members, as required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Drives the company vehicle, as required.
- Maintains complete and accurate records, including apheresis charts.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in accordance with current customer service standards to represent a positive image for the company.
- Maintains and ensures equipment, vehicles, and facilities are maintained and kept in good working order.
- Maintains proficiency and certification for all tasks required by position.
- Trains other team members on additional duties/tasks, as required.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
- Associate's degree required.
- RN license required.
- Valid in-state driver's license preferred.
- Six months previous work experience in a healthcare related position required.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active team member.
- Ability to travel, as required.
Blood Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Our organization is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 1-844-220-2612 to let us know the nature of your request. A representative will respond to accommodation requests within two business days. Please note that this email/phone number is for medical/disability accommodations only and any other inquiries will not receive a response.
Please see the below information about applicant rights and our commitment to compliance:
All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Company's established guidelines.
Posting ID: 569854609Posted: 2020-09-21