If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEKDA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S. Position Summary
The Shipping Representative is responsible for the efficient and accurate shipping and receiving of all orders to and from the Tasting Room at The Prisoner Wine Company. The Shipping Representative handles all aspects of the shipping and receiving process, including packaging wines and merchandise for shipment, processing, shipping and tracking orders, responding to customer inquiries and receiving shipments of wine and merchandise for the Tasting Room.
This important position supports the sales and service goals of the Tasting Room. Responsibilities
- Receives incoming shipments of wine and merchandise promptly and accurately, reviews packing lists for accuracy, inspects shipments for breakage or other damage, reports discrepancies to Procurement Manager or Retail Operations Supervisor as required.
- Pulls and packages wine and merchandise orders from the Tasting Room. Ensures that items are packaged with care with proper research on weather conditions so that they arrive in good condition.
- Ships customer orders, using POS, ShipCompliant, and Wine Direct Fulfillment software. Manages shipping methods to ensure prompt delivery while controlling costs. Prepares and prints shipping labels, tracks orders, answers customer inquiries on order status.
- Arranges freight shipping for larger shipments; produces documentation (freight manifests, bills of lading) as required
- Supports international shipping; works with 3rd party shippers to schedule pickups
- Maintains documentation on shipping regulations and rates, communicating updates and changes to the Tasting Room team
- Orders shipping supplies and needed equipment
- Receives and organizes wine for wine club pickups, supports TR team in maintaining this inventory
- May assist with physical wine inventory as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with other departments, including Production/Warehouse staff, to achieve goals and maintain open channels of communication.
- Ensure that all warehouse spaces are maintained to provide a safe, clean and accident-free environment at all times.
- One to three year's work experience in a warehouse, shipping, retail or e-commerce environment
- Excellent organizational skills; self-driven, methodical and detail-oriented
- Intermediate level computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; courteous and professional
- Ability to work under pressure, on tight deadlines.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Proficiency with POS software, ShipCompliant, Wine Direct or other fulfillment warehouses, Fed-Ex or UPS software
- Inventory Management
- Must be able to work extended hours including occasional weekends and holidays.
- Must be able sit and/or stand for long periods of time, and work on a computer for periods of up to 3 hours.
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs regularly.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
St. Helena, California Additional LocationsJob Type
Full time Job Area
Hospitality & Retail Equal Opportunity
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).