Ace Hardware Corporation is looking for a Territory Representative
that will be responsible for building customer relations within a defined territory of retailers (Washington, Oregon & Northern Idaho)
, who are primarily focused on purchasing products from Ace. This position works closely with these retailers to address concerns, review product assortment opportunities, evaluate retailers' current product category performance and make recommendations for improvement via our Discovery assortment and various key product offerings and initiatives. A successful Territory Representative will grow retailer purchase loyalty through superior relationship management and grow his / her wholesale sales volume in their defined territory. What you'll do
What you need to succeed
- Align with Ace's values, mission and vision of being helpful in all aspects of your role with internal and external stakeholders.
- Meet all sales targets as established for the territory through superior sales skills and knowledge of his / her assigned retailers. Build & maintain strong relationships with these retailers through solid people skills.
- Execute and follow through on various tasks related to the implementation of key sales performance drivers via product reviews, growth plans, B2B, Supply place and other sales initiatives incorporating the appropriate KPIs to assist retailers to grow and achieve their goals while maximizing their market potential.
- Establish and build on retailer relationships to gain acceptance and build credibility to assist retailers increase purchase loyalty with Ace Hardware thus supporting the brand at higher levels.
- Work closely with fellow District Managers when needed for retailers with higher level needs such as financial review, staffing issues, operational challenges etc. at the store level.
- Monitor wholesale competition to know and understand their strengthens and weaknesses.
- Submitting and monitoring of call reports, sales information, weekly call plans, Concur expense, GE mileage reports and overall usage of CRM via Salesforce.
- Develop and execute sales call cycle / plans with assigned retailers. Increase retail and wholesale sales on a store basis by demonstrating value propositions with various product initiatives and reviews.
- Become proficient in the utilization of Ace Retail Technology applications such as ACENET, ADW, Epicor and inventory management reports to assist Ace store owners and managers with recommendations to improve results.
We want to hear from you!
- 0-3 years of related work experience (retail, sales or marketing)
- College Degree OR a combination of education and commensurate experience
- Military veterans are encouraged to apply
- Strong sales and account relationship management skills
- Ability to develop sales strategies and use performance KPI's
- Basic understanding of retail operations and business fundamentals
- Effective communicator and ability to influence retailers and gain acceptance to drive the execution of programs and or services in a consultative role
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong PC skills to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Technology adaptive to embrace and become skilled at Ace's Retail Technology platform
- Self-Confident, self-motivated with good presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with some supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours and regularly travel overnight
- Must be able and willing to take on a new or advanced role with Ace or one of its subsidiaries within 36 months and must be willing to relocate for a new opportunity
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets. Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
Posting ID: 585927395Posted: 2021-01-11