Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system - Amazon Scout - designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will wear many different hats and work on many different components of the entire system. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. This is an early stage initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative startup like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial.
You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving. Clear communication and prioritization will be important as you plan, design, and deliver the best experience for millions of customers. Your passion for the potential of using technology to improve people's lives, and your experience leading complex technology projects will help you make strong business judgments.
If you're entrepreneurial and want to build and own transformative technology-driven products, join us in making history.
· Design, develop and verify firmware for embedded systems
· Participate in design reviews, API development, and documentation
· Work with new technologies that are vital to product development
· Deliver investigation plans and reports, architectural documents, design specs, software and firmware source code, build scripts
· Perform tasks including debug, bring-up, Beta and production software development
· Successfully collaborate with both software and hardware product teams
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years of software development experience
· Experience in coding in C/C++
· Experience implementing common communication interfaces (UART, SPI, I2C, CAN) in RTOS and/or bare metal embedded systems
· Experience writing device drivers in RTOS and/or bare metal embedded systems
· Experience designing code for Embedded Microcontrollers (ARM, PIC, etc) in a production environment.
· Strong debugging/trouble-shooting skills of embedded systems
· Experience with real time debugging tools (software and hardware)
· Experience with ARM based SOC architecture
· Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem solving skills
· Can mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
· Comfortable taking initiative and working across teams
· Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical co-workers
· Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.