Rosewood Villa Assisted Living CommunityOverview
ROSEWOOD VILLA ASSISTED LIVING IS NOW HIRING A MEDICATION AIDE FOR FULL TIME NOC SHIFT 3 DAYS A WEEK 12 HOUR SHIFTS!
702 32nd St |Bellingham, WA
Under the supervision of the Charge Nurse, safely administers medications as prescribed by the residents physician and document the administration, the medication effectiveness and any noted adverse actions or side effects of the medications.
This job is rewarding and satisfying to help give back to our seniors who need quality and accurate assistance with their medications! Come relive the lives of our Residents, hear their stories, and grow your career while uplifting lives and experiences at our Community!
* Administers and accurately records the administration of medications for residents as prescribed by the physician in accordance with established policies and procedures of Avalon
and applicable State/federal regulations.
* Observes records and reports to the Staff Nurse symptoms and conditions of residents that could be related to medication interactions, adverse drug reactions or medication side effects.
* Determines and records effectiveness of medications in a timely and accurate manner as required by state and federal regulations.
* Provides and promotes residents rights during the administration of medications.
* Stores medications in a safe and accurate manner in accordance with established policies and procedures of Avalon and applicable state/federal regulations.
* Monitors medications to ensure adequate accountability measures are taken when medications are ordered, received into the facility, administered and at change of shift as required by policies and
procedures of Avalon and applicable state/federal regulations.
* Routinely inspects, cleans and monitors equipment and supplies to ensure resident safety. Reports any equipment or supply issues to the Staff Nurse for correction or repair.
* Obtains, records, and reports vital signs as indicated during the administration of medications.
* Demonstrates awareness of proper infection control practice by using Universal Precautions and following policies and procedures of Avalon, including OSHAs Blood-borne Pathogen Standard.
* Communicates to residents, staff and others in accurate and factual manner and seeks clarification from or refers questions to Staff Nurse when indicated.
* Must achieve 16 hours of in service education annually as required by federal regulations (as well as meet state requirements, if exceeds federal).
* Verbal and written English skills.
* Must have at least one year of experience working in an assisted living setting.
Avalon Healthcare Management, Inc. is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Avalon is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Brenna Monsen, 801-596-8844, email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Posting ID: 564831680Posted: 2020-09-19