Company Name: Quality Food Centers
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
· Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review "sell by" dates and take appropriate action.
- Order, label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Load and unload delivery trucks.
- Maintain sanitation conditions in store.
- Face product on shelving.
- Build and tear down displays on end units, promotional aisles and other display areas.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Process customer transactions through the check lane quickly, accurately, and efficiently. Understand the Point of Sale (POS) system, and handle various tenders such as Cash, Checks, Credit, Debit, SNAP EBT, Offline SNAP EBT, WIC, Rain checks, complex loyalty offers, coupons and checkout procedures according to company policy.
- Understand and adhere to the company's limits on cash shortages and/or overages and work honestly and effectively to control loss.
- Understand and adhere to guidelines on restricted sale items (Alcohol, Tobacco, Fireworks, Videos, etc.)
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained.
- Use all equipment in grocery department such as refrigerators, freezers, baler, u-boats, compactor, forklift, and pallet jacks according to company guidelines.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Current food handlers permit once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Jobs at QFC: QFC is seeking friendly Associates who are passionate about helping others and who want to build lasting relationships with our Customers. We look for hard working team members who will support us in our mission to put every Customer first. We offer competitive wages and benefits, and opportunities for career advancement. If you're interested in joining the QFC team, we encourage you to complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WA || Mukilteo || 11700 Mukilteo Speedway || 98275 || Quality Food Centers || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Posting ID: 600825383Posted: 2021-01-20