Job Purpose: Retail Meat Cutter and Wrapper
Serves customers by receiving, storing, preparing, and displaying meat, poultry, fish, and shellfish; completing special orders.
* Receives meat, poultry, fish, and shellfish by verifying items received against orders placed; verifying condition.
* Portions and prepares meat in cooking form by cutting, trimming, boning, tieing, and grinding meats.
* Reduces meats to cooking cuts by cutting and weighing steaks; preparing roasts, chops, stew cubes, and ground meat.
* Prepares poultry by cleaning and cutting bird; discarding inedible parts; packing whole poultry; preparing poultry parts assortments.
* Prepares fish and shellfish by cleaning, cutting, filleting, and slicing fish; cleaning and shelling shellfish; discarding inedible parts.
* Packages and displays meats, poultry, fish, and shellfish by preparing a variety of package sizes and portions.
* Prepares specialty orders by responding to customer requests; steaming shellfish; packaging live lobsters.
* Keeps meat, poultry, fish, and shellfish available by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with health, sanitation, and legal regulations.
* Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* must be able to lift 60 or more pounds, and be available 7 days per week
* Aplications must be turned in in person to Bob Henrie or Candelario Ramos 8-4 m-f
Posting ID: 581296253Posted: 2020-10-23