The CEDAR (Community, Education, Developing Awareness, and Resilience) Program at Double K is designed to be offer education away from school during these Covid times. Students come together, accomplish their online learning curriculum and then get outdoors for experiential learning and fun.
Manage a group of 10 or less elementary students. Help with community formation, engage students in a "responsible classroom", and teach experiential and outdoor components.
* Student Supervision and instruction
* Maintain a safe and welcoming class experience / community
* Develop and implement instructional and experiential activities.
* Help maintain a covid safe workspace
* help students with individual learning programs
* Lead outdoor experiences (hiking, pond and stream studies, basic ecology)
Job Start Date: September 8th, 2020
21+, experience with elementary age studetns, 2+ years management / leadership, 1st Aid, CPR, BBP, Aid/HIV, TB test, Merit background, 10hrs+ Stars (some of which ca be completed post hire)
Double K Retreat and Adventure Center is a Christian facility. Students and staff can come for all different backgrounds, but staff need to be accepting of our mission.
Posting ID: 570217708Posted: 2020-09-27