Big Ticket Warehouse Associate will be responsible for the safe movement of Furniture product from receipt to load out for customer delivery. Will be required to continuously move large items at 75 pounds or greater for an 8 hour period. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Perform in a manner that adheres to all safety expectations and training
• Unload/Load furniture in a way that will not cause damage
• Unload/Load floats in a manner that will not cause damage
• As necessary - Use power equipment (tugger/order picker) to move product between departments and in racking
• Use an RF scanner to receive and tag units with a high degree of accuracy
• Use of RF equipment to indicate movement of product as needed
• Wrap and rewrap furniture using given materials and guidelines
• Ability to look at cartons and understand if damage is present based on physical characteristics of the carton
• Ability to lift and move furniture weighing more than 75lbs
• Ability to work in a fast paced, self-directed environment
• Ability to flex to other departments
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
• Previous Furniture experience preferred, but not required.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents.
• Ability to communicate with other departments
• Understanding of numbers and basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items above 75 pounds.
Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.