The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we're leveraging our digital capabilities and continuing to recruit top talent at Parexel. With this in mind, there may be delays during the recruitment process. Our dedicated teams will ensure you are informed of your status and feedback is provided.
As your application progresses, you could be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Talent Acquisition colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used, and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Promoted to Senior Medical Writer, focusing on the development and support of modules, templates, master documents, and general guidelines for clinical documents intended for regulatory submission.
Business Development Opportunities at Parexel
By being hired into one of our Business Development jobs at Parexel International, you'll be a key member of the Parexel International team. Professionals in Business Development careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. A job in Business Development at Parexel International may be waiting for you!
Director of Business Development, Biotech (e-clinical) Philadelphia
The Director of Business Development Biotech (DBT) is responsible for growing sales and profitability within a specific subset of Pharmaceutical and other Life Science companies in a specific sales territory. The DBT will work closely with Lead Generation in an effort to target and strategically approach new business within those accounts. Working closely with internal stakeholders as well as with clients directly the DBP will build mutually beneficial business relationships which will serve to meet specific sales goals and objectives.
- Meet and exceed sales goals set by the Commercial management team on an annual basis
- Initiate the development of sales strategies on territory basis which meet the needs of the company strategic plan, consistently growing sales in the specified territory. Provide well thought out territory plans which ultimately contribute to the overall company understanding of the territory or assignment.
- Actively engage in the creation and close management of a sales pipeline ensuring the quality and timeliness of data. Proactively manage the pipeline ensuring the development of sufficient pipeline to deliver on sales goals
- Collaborate with Lead Generation and VP BD to identify target opportunities. Strategize on best way to approach existing as well as new client accounts. Create opportunities in pipeline that align with pricing and strategic initiatives.
- In collaboration with the Strategic Marketing team introduce new products and services to clients in the territory ensuring positive outcomes against the strategic plan. Work with internal stakeholders to execute.
- Ownership of proposal strategy including narrative and executive summaries. Lead, create and execute well organized and structured bid pursuit and governance meetings, as necessary. This includes gathering all internal and external resources necessary for a successful engagement. Building long term client relationships to gain preferred supplier status is the goal.
Knowledge and Experience
- The ability to build 'new business' is essential
- Relationship building within the customer environment is critical to success
- The ability to influence and work with internal stakeholders is important
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint) is essential.
- Expertise in CRM and collaboration tools with a specific emphasis on Salesforce.com
- Strong ability to influence and negotiate
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in sales to Life Science companies (e-clinical, medical device, medical preferred)
- Specific and demonstrable success in developing a sales territory and account plans showing consistent year over year growth
- Proven track record in delivering sales results against a plan
- Able to operate within a collaborative team environment
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills, with the ability to present clear and concise information
- Strong understanding of developing long term high value client relationships
- Proactively identifies sales pipeline risks and develops mitigation plans
- Provide constructive/analytical feedback and suggestions to sales stakeholders
- Work with partners for maximum effectiveness and territory expansion
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly marketing and commercial leadership
- Preferred experience in sales and delivery roles
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, physical sciences, or related field.
Parexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Patient story: Tina is living Crohn's disease
Read Tina's story from a busy young professional to a 10-year journey to find a treatment for her Crohn's disease and enrolling in a clinical trial. Learn More
Get the latest Parexel career opportunities as soon as they become available.