Driven To Serve and Ready to Succeed!
Working with Towne Park offers a variety of employment opportunities for your unique career plan!Whether you're a part-timer, careerist or adventurer, Towne Park gives you the tools to learn and grow. With business in 50+ national markets, there's no limit to where Towne Park might take you!
No matter what you're looking for, Towne Park provides a winning environment working alongside the brightest and friendliest colleagues around. Whether it's team events, giving back to the communities where we live and work, or celebrating a Towne Park win, you'll find a fun and welcoming work experience!
The Observational Sitter is a non-clinical role that will provide bed-side observation and assistance while monitoring all activity of a specific patient in a hospital or medical center. The Sitter is responsible for sitting with and observing an assigned patient. No nursing or medical care is provided by the Observational Sitter. The Observational Sitter works with the nursing staff, and provides physical or other activity reports regarding the patient. The Sitter can assist with simple tasks such as reading to the patient, answering the phone, and getting water. Duties will be performed under the direction of the nurse in charge of the patient. The Sitter is responsible for contacting the nurse if the patient requires anything additional and will not provide medical assistance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Guest/Patient Service
Systems and Standards
- Maintains pleasant, friendly and professional demeanor with all Guest/Patients, co-workers, and clients.
- Remains at bedside of assigned patient at all times unless relieved by an appropriate staff member.
- Verbally calms and/or reorients the patient in cases of agitation or confusion.
- Removes visible hazards and/or broken equipment from immediate environment and reports to Guest Service Captain or Account Manager as appropriate.
- Assists with keeping patient's room clean, safe and orderly.
- Acknowledges and greets Guest/Patients with a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Answers the telephone promptly and politely; within client/Towne Health standards.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to assist others.
- Responds to emergencies by immediately alerting nursing staff.
- Practices proper client and/or Towne Health phone etiquette.
- Assists patient's visitors with directions, information and other general inquiries, as appropriate.
- Ensures that patient and business confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Delivers messages, items and/or amenities as requested.
- Attend to the various non-clinical needs of the patient. May perform the basic functions in patient's room such as providing water, and alerting the nursing staff immediately if a medical emergency or irregular behavior is identified.
- Completes all tasks in a timely manner as instructed by the Assistant Account Manager or the Account Manager.
- Treats Guest/Patients and associates with courtesy, respect and dignity.
- Follows all appearance standards as set forth by Towne Health, including complete approved pressed uniform.
- Follows all attendance standards as set forth by Towne Health, as required by the scheduling which may vary according to the needs of the location.
Safety and Risk Management
- Executes all terms and conditions as set forth in the Towne Health Associate Handbook and other policies and procedures.
- Utilizes client/Towne Health logs as specified.
- Completes tasks as outlined in applicable standard operating procedures.
- Maintains clean, neat work environment including all surrounding areas of office, work area and desk.
- Follows site specific safety and security procedures.
- Practices preventative safety procedures as set forth by Towne Health, including safe lifting techniques.
- Reports all accidents and incidents observed on shift to Guest Service Captain or Account Manager immediately.
- Uses only equipment trained to use and operates all equipment in a safe manner.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital disaster codes and response plans.
- Follows client standard operating procedures for disaster codes and response plans.
- Reports all potential hazards and safety concerns to Account Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, speak and write standard English language.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to understand 24 hour and military time systems.
- Knowledge of equipment including telephones, codes and alarms, two-way radios.
- Ability to perform general typing and and/or basic computer skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and remain calm in stressful situations.
- Possesses ability to work under pressure. Able to observe mentally-ill patients.
- Able to accept leadership and guidance from RNs and LPNs.
- Ability to do rotating 4, 8, or 12-hour shifts as scheduled including weekend rotation. May be required to work different shifts based on needs.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); AND a minimum of one month previous experience working with patient or related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Behavioral Health, Nursing or hospital setting experience preferred.
- For insurance purposes, must be at least 18 years of age and be able to pass a criminal background and drug screen.
Posting ID: 565746937Posted: 2020-11-25