Medical Residence Step Down ProgramType
Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status
DePaul Community Services (DCS)OverviewHopelink at Shelter Cove
, a Short-Stay Residence in Churchville, NY, is a partnership between DePaul Community Services and UR Medicine/Strong Memorial Hospital. We are currently looking for a Medical /Psychiatric Housing Technician to join our team! The Medical/ Psychiatric Housing Technician works under the direction of the Site Supervisor to provide supportive services to the individuals placed at the Hopelink Transitional Housing setting while assisting them to secure stable housing.Responsibilities
- Respects and maintains resident's rights and confidentiality and demonstrates a positive, caring attitude to all residents, staff, guests and service providers
- Provides support and assistance to residents by assisting with daily living skills including things like helping with laundry, getting meals to table, dirty dishes back to kitchen etc., due to their complex medical conditions.
- Observe, monitor and document any change in a resident's medical / psychiatric condition and promptly report to site supervisor or primary medical provider if directed to do so.
- Monitor / document resident's progress or otherwise on a daily basis; do rounds minimally each shift, more often when requested by site supervisor.
- Support residents' use of medications via methods such as prompts or reminders and update site supervisor about any medication related problems identified; report to health care providers (i.e. PCP, VNS, Therapist etc.) when requested to do so.
- Work with health care providers to ensure appropriate treatment is provided to each resident based on their individual needs.
- Prepare and assist with meal preparation, heating, delivering to person at table if needed.
- Work with each resident and their care / support team members to ensure they are working towards their discharge plan of securing more permanent housing. This includes making or f/u with referrals for treatment, housing, finances etc.
- Assist with the coordination of all necessary appointments and arrange/schedule/provide transportation as necessary. This may include transporting people in your own car.
- Maintain on-going communication with medical providers to provide status updates on resident's medical conditions and document accordingly.
- Assist with the overall upkeep of the residence, both inside and outside, taking out trash every shift, shoveling snow, cleaning up yard, cleaning kitchen, bathrooms, vacuuming etc.
- Assist with laundering of clothing, sheets, bedding, etc. as needed.
- Follow all health and safety regulations for the benefit of all staff and residents.
- Participate in all necessary and relevant trainings as it relates to the program.
- Perform any other duties necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the residence.
Minimum of a high school diploma / GED and at least 1-year of experience working in a residential, psychiatric and/or medical type setting. Must have a valid NYS driver's license and a driving record that meets DePaul's clean driving standards. Must be comfortable with various medically related scenarios.Work Environment
*Please note, this position is Sunday-Thursday 11:pm-7:30am.
Posting ID: 560397943Posted: 2020-06-28