The primary responsibility of the Dispatch Coordinator is to perform the duties in this description and to
provide assistance as assigned.
- Oversight of drivers and their daily performance, to ensure safe, efficient, effective operation, including scheduling, expenditures, attendance and discipline.
- Training, retraining, and updates to policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Administer, monitor and oversight of Drug / Alcohol program
- Vehicle Maintenance file requirements.
- Daily Vehicle Inspection reports.
- Assist with managing DOT Random Drug Screening program.
- Assist with Renewal California Motor Carrier permits.
- Work closely with Owner and Managers to ensure proper equipment maintenance standards are upheld.
- Work closely with Owner and Managers to ensure overall compliance. Establish a reporting process and data base which tracks condition and mileage of all Fiber Care owned vehicles.
- Assure that all safety inspections are current.
- Establish a reporting process which tracks vehicle expense monthly and distribute the report. Make recommendations on where costs can be reduced.
- Work with the HR manager gathering any vehicle accident documentation.
- Minimum 1 (one) year of supervisory experience required.
- Must have strong knowledge of dispatch operations, transportation management and logistic solutions with a broad knowledge in DOT rules and regulation.
- Must have a working knowledge of DOT regulations pertaining to shipping and receiving freight.
- Strong skill base and comfort with technology including Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and routing or dispatching systems.
- Experience with ground transportation operations including FMCSA, DOT, OSHA and all related safety regulations.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Detail-orientation and good analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate at different levels.
- Good problem-solving as well as organizational skills.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Posting ID: 600236713Posted: 2021-01-17