We are currently looking for a dependable and friendly person to join our team as a Gas Station Cashier. The Cashier operates the register system in the checkout area, greeting each customer and completing their checkout in an efficient and friendly manner. He or she ensures customer satisfaction and repeat business. Other duties may be assigned based on available time, business volume, and other criteria as determined by your supervisor.
The ideal candidate has a high school diploma or GED and previous retail and/or customer service experience that includes money-handling and point-of-sale (POS) system experience. He or she must have a pleasant and courteous personality and an excellent customer service focus. Candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Greets customers and efficiently checks-out and bags purchased items
- Operates the complete register system
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for his or her money drawer
- Understands and communicates all store policies and promotions to customers
- Addresses customer concerns and issues or escalates them as needed
- Maintains work area in a neat and organized manner
- Follows all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Greet Customers with a smile, be friendly, and offer prompt service.
- Greet gasoline customer on intercom (if applicable).
- Practice the suggestive sell.
- Thank customer.
- Adhere to all city, county, state and federal alcohol and tobacco regulations.
- Efficiently operate cash register making sure to ring all sales and managing cash and credit cards as directed by your manager.
- Operate lottery/lotto terminal.
- Operate gasoline intercom and console.
- If there is a car wash at the location, must operate the car wash terminal.
- Must be able to help customers with car wash problems.
- Operate shift within all company guidelines.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Clean shelving and racks.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms.
- Clean and sanitize all fast food and drink equipment.
- Clean and organize cooler.
- Clean all windows, doors, and cooler doors.
- Clean gasoline islands and pumps.
- Empty trash inside the store and on the lot.
- Check equipment and temperatures.
- To perform other tasks assigned by the store manager.
- Assist the manager in seeing that the store maintains a 95% or better on image inspections.
Stocking and Pricing
- Stock items on shelf and racks.
- Change syrup box for fountain drinks.
- Keep fast food area stocked with coffee, and hot chocolate.
- Complete the shift check-in procedures before starting the shift and complete check-out procedures at the end of the shift.
- Be alert to shoplifting prevention procedures.
- Practice good cash control at all times.
- Follow company policy with regard to excessive cash in registers, change box, and safe security, as directed by the store manager.
- Follow correct vendor check-in procedures as defined in the operations manual and as directed by the store manager. Make sure you check every item delivered by the vendor and match with the invoice.
- Protect company assets at all times.
- Follow robbery deterrence guidelines at all times
Requirements for the Job
The following constitute “essential functions” of the job:
- Read, understand, and write the English language at the eighth-grade level;
- Perform arithmetic calculations at the eighth-grade level in order to be able to make change, complete shift reports, and account for a variety of products during vendor check-in;
- Have sufficient visual acuity to check identification;
- Read and understand instructions for operating electronic cash registers and other equipment;
- Can lift up to 50 pounds, and carry cases of milk cartons and soft drinks, beer and juice containers;
- Can stock shelves and coolers;
- Can react to a fire by lifting the fire extinguisher and using it to extinguish the fire;
- Tolerate exposure to gasoline fumes and cleaning products;
- Can climb a ladder to clean windows;
- Sweep and mop floors, dust shelves, and lift and carry out trash containers and place in an outside bin;
- Can clean the parking lot and ground surrounding the convenience store;
- Can enter and work in a refrigerator walk-in cooler as needed.
The list of requirements, duties, and responsibilities listed above is by no means a complete list. It is merely a general summary for the position described. Management reserves the right to revise or change this position description at any time.
Posting ID: 563623762Posted: 2020-08-04