Kelly Services is currently seeking Chemical Operators ( 6 positions)
for one of our top clients in Anasco, PR
SHIFT: Monday to Wednesday 8pm to 4am and Saturday & Sunday 4pm to 12am.
Responsibilities and requirements for the position are the following:
Responsible for operations in the Sheet Casting area, formulating acrylic sheets to create buttons, for the manufacture of intraocular acrylic lenses. Adheres to environmental policy, procedures and supports department environmental objectives.
- Purify five types of monomers raw material to obtain the highest degree of purification and purify one of the components to meet the specifications required by the Sheet Casting procedure.
- Prepare the molds and the mixture of the monomers for the formulation of the acrylic plates following the specifications of MI s.
- Receive the chemicals and store them in the indicated place complying with GMP and safety specifications.
- Place the monomer mixture in a water bath at the temperature required by the procedures for curing and solidify the plate.
- Remove the molds from the water curing bath by de-molding and transfer to the curing oven for the drying of the plate.
- Remove the plates and inspect the thickness of the plates and cosmetic defects to meet the specifications of the process.
- Perform the punch press process and obtain the volume of buttons required by the nominal performance of the process.
- Place the buttons on a button tray and then in the annealing ovens for the removal of moisture and any type of contaminant that the product could have and have a button that can meet the quality parameters.
- Perform the Haze operation where it verifies the opacity of the lens and disposes it by the level observed according to the MI.
- Place the temperature monitoring graphs on the different equipment and monitor them following established procedures
- Stores and disposes of liquid and solid waste within the Sheet Casting area in accordance with the provisions and rules of EHS.
- Document all the information required in the production orders following the GMPs and enter the transactions in the system related to the number of units and materials, accepted / rejected where applicable to ensure the accuracy of the different reports.
- Clean and wash the equipment used. Keeps your work area clean using established chemicals to provide a completely clean area and comply with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Review logbooks to assure the Quality process.
- Maintain the record retention of all documents as requested.
- Bachelor Degree in Natural Sciences without exp Or Associate Degree in Natural Sciences, preferably Chemistry or Chemical Engineering Technology with at least 1year of exp.
- Read, interpret and write English and Spanish.
- Experience in a similar position is desired but no required.
- Must available to work Monday to Wednesday 8pm to 4am and Saturday & Sunday 4pm to 12am.
Kelly PR Offer:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay
- *Four holidays paid by year and Christmas bonus*
* Must comply with minimum established requirements to qualify
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.