Job Description: Call (855) 884-1623 or Apply Online Below General Purpose of Job:
To safely, efficiently and timely pickup, transport and deliver freight by driving a tractor trailer. This will include long or short distances based on customer needs, requests or expectations while operating within Federal regulations and guidelines.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Hook and unhook trailers from the tractor. This can be multiple times during a work shift.
- Secure all shipments by tying down or bracing cargo within trailer, as required.
- Ensure that loaded freight meets Federal Regulations regarding legal weight.
- Drive truck to destination in accordance with Federal Regulations.
- Ensure that all shipment documentation required to move with shipment is available for inspection and delivery.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in heavy traffic, inclement weather and in tight loading dock areas.
- Report all incidents / accidents.
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations including driver logs, mileage records, vehicle inspections, valid license and endorsements, valid medical certification, and other records as required by law.
- Professional presentation of the Company and the transportation industry through responsible driving and communication with customers.
- Perform routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment. Refer any defects/repairs to Operations/Maintenance personnel.
- Must be available to begin work week immediately upon completion of 34-hour Federal reset. This can include beginning work week during times that are traditionally considered weekends (Saturday or Sunday). Drivers will be planned using the First In, First Out method, always based on available hours of service.
- Although not always required, must be willing to work up to 70 hours per week, based on Federal hours of service regulations.
- Must be available to pickup and deliver freight within ANY state that the Company is authorized to perform work in. This includes any loads that the company has agreed to haul for a customer. It will include a combination of short and longer mileage routes. Freight will also be a combination of live loads, live unloads, drop and hook, or repositioning of equipment based on freight demand. Routes and loads will be planned and communicated by the Company's Operation's department.
- Must be available and capable of working irregular schedules based on available hours of service. This will include a combination of driving during daylight hours and night (dark) hours.
- Must maintain a rolling 6-week average of no less than 2275 miles per week. Paid vacation time will be excluded from the average.
- Follow all Company Policies and Procedures as outlined in provided manuals.
- Failure to perform the above listed Responsibilities and Duties will result in disciplinary action and can include termination of employment. Appropriate action will follow policies outlined in company provided manuals, memos, etc.
- Drivers may be subject to irregular work schedules, temperature and weather extremes, long trips, short notice for assignment of a trip (legal driving time is granted), delays in route, tight delivery schedules (legal driving time is granted), and other stresses related to driving on crowded roads and in varying weather conditions.
- Drivers may spend, 50% of time out-of-doors, exposed to potentially difficult environment conditions.
- Drivers spend a large % of on duty time in their truck. While driving, operators are exposed to noise and vibration of vehicles, which may be higher than those typically experienced in a car.
- Drivers will spend time away from home each week and are expected to take rest / sleep breaks in the tractor.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement or contract between the employer and employee. Statements included in this job description do not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.
- Must be able to be away from home for extended periods of time, available for round-the-clock trips and able to remain alert while driving for periods of up to 11 hours, per Federal regulations.
- Must be able to enter and exit the vehicle's cab multiple times during the work shift. Entry and exit is achieved with the assistance of steps, handles, and the three points of contact method.
- Must be able to raise and lower landing gear by cranking handle for a minimum of three minutes by repetitive motion. This can happen multiple times during a work shift.
- Must be able to reach over tractor tires to pull fifth wheel release. This can happen multiple times during a work shift. This requires a pulling with a force of 100 pounds.
- Must be able to hook/unhook, manually lower and raise landing gear, attach and release safety chains or straps, open and close cargo doors, raise and lower hood of tractor, climb into and off vehicle.
- Any of the above-mentioned activities may require a driver to sit, squat, crouch, bend, stand, or reach multiple times during a work shift. This can be up to 14 hours in a 24-hour period, based on Federal Hours of Service regulations.
Call (855) 884-1623 or Apply Online Below
Posting ID: 589529816Posted: 2020-11-26