STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
To perform the day-to-day activities of Med-Tech in accordance with current regulations governing the State as instructed by the Resident Services Director or the designated supervisor in order to assure that the medication management program is provided in an accurate, sensitive, professional and effective manner.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This statement sets forth the basic tasks and duties of the job, but is not intended to provide a detailed description of all functions that may be required to perform the job satisfactorily.
- Assist with prescribed medications for residents and maintain related medical records undersupervision of Resident Services Director.
- Present medication to resident and observe ingestion or other application using specifiedprocedures.
- Take vital signs as prescribed.
- Observes resident to detect response to specified types of medications and prepares reportor notifies Resident Services Director of unexpected reactions.
- Document reasons prescribed drugs are not taken.
- May receive supply of ordered medications and apportion drugs for distribution to residents.
- May record and restock medication inventories.
- Assure that established infection control practices are maintained.
- Report all hazardous conditions and equipment to the supervisor.
- Assure that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end of the shift.
- Keep the supervisor informed of supply needs.
- May serve as the "responsible person” in the absence of the Executive Director or ResidentServices Director.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the community.
- Be knowledgeable of, and follow all fire safety policies and procedures.
- Report all accidents and incidents as soon as possible to your supervisor, no matter howminor.
- Maintain the confidentiality of residents' personal care information.
- Honor the residents' personal and property rights.
- To act at all times in a professional manner to visitors, staff and residents in the community.
- Attendance on the job as scheduled.
- Attend staff meetings as directed.
- Attend and participate in educational classes and on-the-job training programs as directed.
- Participate as assigned in activities, special events, marketing efforts, and special programs.
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment.
- Other duties as assigned for the successful operation of the community.
- Be in compliance with State Med-Tech certification criteria at all times.
- Must be a minimum of eighteen years old.
- Must hold a current Med-Tech certification (also known at CMA or CMT) in the State of the Community
- Successful completion of drug screening.
- Must obtain a satisfactory criminal record check per State guidelines.
- Must have received a tuberculosis screening and physical examination within twelve months prior to employment (or as State Guidelines Require) to assure that the employee is free of diseases communicable within the scope of employment and physically qualified to work.
- Must have evidence of CPR certification and first aid.
- Must be able to work under stress and in emergency situations.
- Must be able to work under conditions which require sitting, standing, walking, reaching, pulling, pushing, lifting, and grasping with risk of environmental exposure to communicable disease.
- Must be able to effectively convey instructions and information to residents and staff members.
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with other staff members, referral, sources, residents and their families and physicians.
OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE/PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Requirements for personal protective equipment include infection control kit and rubber gloves and smock and non-slip shoes.
- Supervisors work in all areas of the residence.
- Supervisors are subject to reactions from dust, disinfectants and cleaning chemicals and may be exposed to infectious waste, diseases and other conditions.
- Supervisors are expected to use personal protective equipment and supplies to prevent burns, falls, and infection and follow safety policies and procedure.
- Resident Services Director
Posting ID: 37534224Posted: 2020-07-14