Req ID: 171695
BASIC PURPOSE: Direct sales and business development role contributing to revenue growth and customer retention at Trillium, in the competitive alternative fuels and facility services' environment. As a Business Developer, your direct responsibilities are to create and close B2B relationships between Trillium and the heavy-duty trucking and municipal sectors, displace Trillium competitor-held accounts and defeat competition in head to head campaigns.
- Build a robust and consistent pipeline of profitable prospects from mid to large fleet customers and municipal entities that will contract to purchase CNG, RNG, Station Design-Build and Maintenance Services, EV, Hydrogen and Solar from Trillium.
- Successfully target new alternative fuel and station design-build customers that match the Trillium vision, values and national strategy.
- Participate in the development and implementation of sales strategies with Managing Director of Business Development in order to meet or exceed annual sales and pipeline goals.
- Gather market insight and competitive intelligence and become Trillium's Regional expert in alternative fuels.
- Manage current Client relationships and account for up-sell opportunities by leveraging Trillium's experience and performance track record with those Clients as new products and services develop.
- Develop knowledge database of the alternative fuels' marketplace within their assigned region, including incentives, grant programs and analysis of trends and market factors related to achieving the sales goals that will impact the Prospect and Clients' buying decisions. Translate knowledge into effective sales tactics and strategic insight to share with the Business Development team.
- Be able to gain and message a detailed understanding of the company functional capabilities at industry shows, client events or in the field selling.
- Play an ongoing role in managing customer expectations, ensuring changing customer needs are met, and assist in addressing any service and operations shortfalls.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or Finance discipline preferred
- 3+ years of formal experience presenting to Senior level executives and Business owners.
- 3+ years of experience with direct business to business sales experience with total contract values in excess of $250,000 per transaction. Experience within the performance contracting, renewable energy assets, engineering a plus.
- 3+ years of experience with asset-based financial structuring and metrics with emphasis in sales and project development.
- Strong track record negotiating and closing multi-year agreements.
- Experience in the Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and/or Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) industry preferred
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Use of appropriate interpersonal skills and communication methods to build constructive relationships with customers, business units, service organizations and other stakeholders to meet shared goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate cooperation and collaboration while participating in a group or team.
- Makes effective decisions and achieves desired results in the midst of changes in responsibilities, work processes, timeframes, performance expectations, organizational culture or work environment.
- Actively supports and promotes corporate and/or business unit changes.
- Focus on a goal and harnesses own and others' energy to drive toward goal alignment; meets or exceeds expectations.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
- Up to 50% Overnight Travel
Job Function(s): Corporate
Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we've provided customers with highway hospitality and "Clean Places, Friendly Faces." We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love's Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry's safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert
Posting ID: 564066734Posted: 2020-08-02