Receives and schedules patients and clinic visitors. Primarily responsible for patient appointment system. Receives and processes all calls and patient co-pay. Ensures all patient information is kept secure and confidential.
1.Interacts with all patients, visitors and staff in a pleasant and professional manner.
2.Completes registration process for patient appointments, including demographic and insurance verification, practice management system data entry and revision, payment collection, chart creation and other clerical work as necessary.
3.Schedule appointments for patients, look up patient account for any balances and inform patient about collection procedure, and make reminder calls to patients, and call back all No Shows.
4.Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized work environment and reception area.
5.Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings.
6.Keeps office supplies adequately stocked by anticipating inventory needs, placing orders and monitoring office equipment.
7.Collects all patient payments at time of exit, including charges for office visit, lab, procedures and other services. Prepares receipts for patients, maintains copy and provides patient copy.
8.Responds to supervisor's requests to address billing error by reviewing erroneous bills and providing corrected information.
9.Maintains cash drawer. Reconciles cash receipts daily and submits cash and all daily receipts in preparation for bank deposit.
10.Process medical records.
11.Other duty assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, PPO, HMO billing, ICD-10, CPT and revenue codes preferred
- High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record and be able to pass a pre-employment physical and a criminal history background check.
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology.
- Computer skills and experience with PMS and EHR systems is required.
- Good communications skills, in written and oral forms are necessary.
- Must be bilingual (Spanish and English).
- Must be able to work well with others.