Position Title: Store Clerk – Level I
Reports to: Store Manager
Positions Supervised: None
- To obtain payments for goods while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Provides fast and friendly customer service
- Itemizes and totals purchases
- Verifies customer’s age on restricted items
- Collects payments and/or verifies credit acceptance.
- Balances Cash Drawer
- Receives Merchandise
- Stocks shelves and cooler
- Controls Inventory and cash through proper transaction record keeping
- Performs light paperwork duties as assigned
- Maintains a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Maintains Safe and Clean working environment
CONTACT WITH OTHERS - Internal:
- Will have contact with other store clerks and managers on a daily basis
CONTACT WITH OTHERS - External
- Education: Some high school or equivalent with the ability to read and perform math. Ability to read, speak and understand English.
- Experience: Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction.
- Ability to interact with customers on a friendly basis and work in a fast-paced environment
- Availability: Must be available to work weekends and holiday
- Must be able to work any area of the store when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register.
- Position requires bending, standing, walking and repetitive use of hands and arms the entire workday.
- Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Position requires the ability to handle exposure to extreme temperatures and cleaning chemicals.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 608565776Posted: 2021-03-05