Development/Fundraising (Advisory Board Member) @ Harvard Innovation Lab VIP incubated Mental Health Non-Profit.
Allentown, PA /
15. Development/Fundraising (Board of Advisors) /
Do you want to improve the world? Ever wonder what it would be like to get in at the ground level to help guide a transformative organization, as they grow rapidly to power world-class entrepreneurs and Changemakers to positively impact the lives of 1000's, 100,000's or 1,000,000s??
At Ignite Mental Health, we're mobilizing, supporting and uniting world-class mental health entrepreneurs/organizations, while concurrently mobilizing students at scale, to achieve Three Utopian Mental Health Goals. Check out our intro video here
Using this novel approach, we're working to make the impossible inevitable; helping build and scale breakthrough organizations and movements to be as impactful as Facebook and Google, but which address the root causes of some of the biggest problems affecting mental health.
Our team has been fortunate to be able to seek counsel and advice from leading experts at the Harvard Innovation Lab and the Harvard Rock Centre of Entrepreneurship, but as we continue to expand rapidly, advice is needed from a broader sphere of advisors. We welcome expressions of interest from professionals with a range of expertise, experiences and insights.
Selected Advisory Board Members will have an extraordinary opportunity to join an industry changing organization, which grew rapidly from the Harvard and MIT communities to become a nationwide effort within just 9 months.
Advisory Board Member Location - Any state/country
- Advisory Board Members are NOT required to be located in Boston or the United States. Meetings can be attended in person at the Harvard Innovation Lab (on Harvard Business School campus) or via video conference call.
Advisory Board term & time commitment
- Advisory Board Members serve a 6 month to 1 year term and will be eligible for re-appointment. Some applicants may also be invited to serve on specific project advisory or governing boards.
- Advisory Board Members are requested to invest 2-5 hours per month. Members can of course invest more time if desired.
- This position is with a non-profit organization, which is volunteer in nature and non-compensated.
In addition to the standard duties and characteristics, all Advisory Board Members should
- Be excited at the opportunity to join an Advisory Board and organization using non-traditional approaches (some coin as 'the lean impact approach') to achieve ambitious goals.
- Be radically open minded, have a growth mindset, open to considering diverse viewpoints and, many a time, unusual strategies.
- Be honest, transparent and have high-integrity.
Expression of interest & further details
- We invite candidates interested in learning more about the organization and specifics of the position to express their interest via this form. Due to the volume of applications, we request that you consider postponing reaching out to team members until our Nomination Committee has the opportunity to share initial information about the position, duties and our organization with you via email.
No fiduciary obligation
- The Advisory Board Member position does not equate to a Board of Director position. Advisory Board Members do not bear any fiduciary or other such obligations.
NB: Ignite Mental Health is a non-profit organization founded and run by Harvard students and currently incubated by the Harvard Innovation Labs Venture Incubation Program on Harvard Business School campus. We are not a department of, nor owned/operated by Harvard University.
Our ambition is to help build and grow organizations, movements, and products -unafraid of transforming traditional approaches-that tackle the root causes of some of the biggest problems affecting mental health.