Description: Full time telework opportunity open to candidates in Kansas.Program Overview
Help us elevate our patient care to a whole new level! Join our Aetna team as an industry leader in serving dual eligible populations by utilizing best-in-class operating and clinical models. You can have life-changing impact on our Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan
(DSNP) members, who are enrolled in Medicare and Medicaid and present with a wide range of complex health and social challenges. With compassionate attention and excellent communication, we collaborate with members, providers, and community organizations to address the full continuum of our members' health care and social determinant needs. Join us in this exciting opportunity as we grow and expand DSNP to change lives in new markets across the country.Position Summary/Mission
Our Care Managers are frontline advocates for members who cannot advocate for themselves. They are responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and coordinating all case management activities with members to evaluate the medical needs of the member to facilitate the member's overall wellness.
70438 Fundamental Components:
- Develops a proactive plan of care to address identified issues to enhance the short and long-term outcomes as well as opportunities to enhance a member's overall wellness.
- Uses clinical tools and information/data review to conduct an evaluation of member's needs and benefits.
- Applies clinical judgment to incorporate strategies designed to reduce risk factors and barriers and address complex health and social indicators which impact care planning.
- Conducts assessments that consider information from various sources, such as claims, to address all conditions including co-morbid and multiple diagnoses that impact functionality.
- Uses a holistic approach to assess the need for a referral to clinical resources and other interdisciplinary team members.
- Collaborates with supervisor and other key stakeholders in the member's healthcare in overcoming barriers in meeting goals and objectives, presents cases at interdisciplinary case conferences
- Utilizes case management processes in compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures. Utilizes motivational interviewing skills to ensure maximum member engagement and discern their health status and health needs based on key questions and conversation.
Education and Certification Requirements
- Minimum 3-5 years clinical practical experience
- Minimum 2-3 years CM, discharge planning and/or home health care coordination experience
- Confidence working at home/independent thinker, using tools to collaborate and connect with teams virtually
- Ability to travel within a designated geographic area for in-person case management activities as directed by Leadership and/or as business needs arise - when Covid 19 restrictions shift
- Bilingual desired
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communications, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Effective computer skills including navigating multiple systems and keyboarding
- Demonstrates proficiency with standard corporate software applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, as well as some special proprietary applications
Additional Job Information:
- Registered Nurse with active state license in good standing within the region where job duties are performed is required.
- Multi State Licensed preferred
- Certified Case Manager is preferred.
Typical office working environment with productivity and quality expectationsWork requires the ability to perform close inspection of hand written and computer generated documents as well as a PC monitor.Sedentary work involving periods of sitting, talking, listening. Work requires sitting for extended periods, talking on the telephone and typing on the computer.Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a fast paced changing environmentPosition requires proficiency with computer skills which includes navigating multiple systems and keyboardingEffective communication skills, both verbal and written. Potential Telework Position:
Yes Percent of Travel Required:
0 - 10% EEO Statement:
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility:
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information:
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Posting ID: 563781204Posted: 2020-07-15