The JPMorgan Chase & Co. Military Pathways Direct-Hire Program is a highly selective program that connects top veteran talent to essential roles at JPMC and provides candidates the training, support and exposure they need to grow into future leaders across our most demanding businesses. Military Veterans have a unique set of experiences and leadership abilities that are greatly valued in our organization.
As a member of the Military Pathways Direct-Hire Program, you will receive:
· Induction training and acclimation support in your first month on the job
· 12-months of program support, coaching and career development from our dedicated Pathways team
· Networking opportunities with your Pathways colleagues
· Exposure to senior members of the business
· Professional skills training throughout the year to complement your on-the-job experience
This approach will enable you to create a network and set you up for success as you enter your career at JPMC.
As a Pathways Direct-Hire, you will be placed in a role based on professional experience and business priorities, focused on one of a few areas including: Asset & Wealth Management, Consumer & Community Banking, Commercial Banking, and Corporate & Investment Banking.
To ensure continuous development throughout the program, each candidate will receive mentorship, guidance, and support from your individual manager, program manager, veteran sponsor and many other influential business partners across the firm. BRM I Job Description
As a Business Relationship Manager (BRM), you'll be helping to improve the lives of our clients and the well-being of their businesses through financial solutions, education, and advice. The BRM manages a portfolio of business clients by building relationships and providing financial advice with a focus on client experience and risk management. Business Banking is looking for a BRM to develop new business and deepen existing relationships to position Chase as the primary bank for our clients. Responsibilities
U.S. Military Veteran Applicant Qualifications Qualifications:
- Provide the best in client advice and service while developing the relationship to ensure a seamless client experience throughout Chase
- Acquire, manage, and retain a portfolio of 70 – 90 business clients with annual revenue of 1 - million for your assigned branches; provide deposit and cash management solutions and manage credit opportunities up to approximately $500,000
- Deliver an outstanding experience to Chase business clients by providing comprehensive and customized business banking solutions tailored to the financial needs and circumstances of their businesses. Use knowledge of business, finance, banking, credit, and risk management to identify, recommend, and promote solutions that best serve the client and ensure the profitability of the portfolio. Work within risk parameters that protect the bank. Seek out expertise of others to enhance existing knowledge and ensure a positive client experience
- Regularly conduct in-person calls with prospects, centers of influence (COIs), and existing clients at their places of business
- Identify and pursue potential new business clients, looking for ways to cultivate long-term, primary banking relationships
- Identify the personal financial goals and needs of business clients; build collaborative relationships with partners across lines of business (Chase Wealth Management, Home Lending, Branch Teams) to connect clients with specialists who can help meet their financial needs
- Provide leadership by actively supporting your assigned branches
- Protect the firm by following sound risk management protocols and adhering to regulatory requirements
- Follow a disciplined relationship development process by identifying steps/strategies necessary to effectively maintain and build relationships with clients and prospects. Regularly review processes and strategies with manager, making adjustments as needed
BRM I Qualifications
- Enlisted/Junior Officer background with 4+ years of Military experience
- BA/BS required
- 0-5 years of separation from military service
- Demonstrated learning agility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Forward thinking and able to work through complex and unpredictable circumstances
- Ability to adapt to change and achieve positive business outcomes
- Ability to participate in scheduled Virtual Induction training in November, 2020.
- 1-3 years of experience in a business banking relationship management role or related business lending experience; direct in-person contact preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field or equivalent work experience strongly preferred
- Understanding of core business products and services
- General business experience and knowledge of business credit
- Strong communication skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally
- Ability to build relationships with clients and internal partners
- Ability to recognize an issue or problem and determine when to escalate or handle independently
- Ability to balance needs of clients with associated risks and interests of the firm
- Ability to determine and balance priorities on a daily basis to achieve business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to own problems on clients’ behalf and follow through with commitment
- Understanding of general business practices and how business needs vary by industry/market
- Strong current business network preferred
- Highly proficient in MS Office tools including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel occasionally for key business meetings and training
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans About the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We’re proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions – all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.