Executive Chef is responsible for the overall kitchen, design and prepare meals by providing culinary expertise. Executive Chef is responsible for the execution of the culinary aspect of the restaurant; this includes; promoting and providing quality food service, product ordering, food production, inventory control, menu coordination, staff scheduling, housekeeping and assisting in staff training.
1) Report to work as scheduled, on time, well-groomed and dressed in proper uniform.
2) Primarily responsible for all back of house operations including quality, daily food production, weekly inventory checks, daily food ordering, housekeeping, and menu management.
3) Assist in developing recipes, daily features and new menu items by understanding consumer tastes and dining trends while applying established procedures and budgetary constraints.
4) Meet BOH financial objectives by estimating usage to ensure correct ordering and maintain food costs by researching the best quality ingredients at the best price.
5) Communicate and follow up on day to day objectives with all the staff to ensure completion.
6) Maintain a kitchen focused on quality, people, sales and profit by proactively seeking out opportunities to add value to the restaurant when possible.
7) Manage highest quality standards to ensure a safe, secure, and healthy working environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with sanitation and federal, state and local legal regulations; overseeing food preparation and safety.
8) Maintains food ingredients, food preparation, and general supplies by selecting and purchasing menu ingredients; evaluating the quality of fresh food and food product deliveries; maintaining general supplies; establishing inventory levels, re-order points, storage requirements, and cost-controls.
9) Recruit, develop and retain skilled staff for current and future positions. Manage high standards of quality in the kitchen through effective coaching.
10) Maintains culinary equipment by following operating instructions; instructing staff in equipment use; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining equipment supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment; preparing administrative proposals to justify purchases.
11) Appropriately schedule staff for forecasted sales.
12) Audit internal processes and adjust as need to complete goals
13) Manage employee relations issues to ensure a harmonious work environment for all staff.
14) Fill in wherever necessary to move the line faster, assist in delivering product and serving food to customers.
4 years experience in fine dining or equivalent restaurant
Strong focus on high quality food preparation, food research and safety
Basic computer skills.
Must have strong work ethic and reliability
Able to work in a fast paced environment.
Able to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
Ability to lift and carry 50lbs as needed with assistance.
Continuous use of hand and arms.
Continuous standing, walking, climbing, reaching and twisting.
Please submit resume or apply online at www.reatacareers.net
Posting ID: 579448959Posted: 2020-10-20