The Digital Commerce Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun. The Customer Service Squad will take on the challenge of ensuring our customers always have answers to their questions, no matter where they are in the customer journey, pre or post-purchase . We need a Head of Engineering who will lead this squad and develop these capabilities with an eye towards making it operationally feasible.
This is what you'll do:
· Partner with Product, Customer Experience team to develop a strategy for giving customers access to answers across multiple digital channels
· Develop real-time and asynchronous contact solutions, eventually including automated response handling
· Create a customer and employee facing knowledge base management system along with a process for maintenance and revision
· Recruit, manage, grow and mentor a team of full stack development engineers to meet aggressive timelines for our Customer Service products
· Set the technical strategy that enables rapid experimentation/optimization
· Evangelize a test and data driven culture across the organization
· Collaborate and build relationships with internal engineering teams to leverage infrastructure and services in place
· Identify and remove impediments for the team and stakeholders, while successfully driving towards key initiatives
This is what you'll need:
· 10+ years of relevant industry experience, with 4+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
· Experience scaling engineering teams by recruiting, retaining and growing all levels of engineering talent
· Helped development teams through periods of rapid growth and scale, understands the big picture and the importance of investing in the core technical foundation
· Experience building a diverse and inclusive culture, with teams that are eager to learn and deeply curious
· At least 4+ years of experience building consumer facing products
· Have depth and breadth of knowledge across multiple software engineering disciplines : web, mobile, data model, design orchestration and API's
· Experience building teams and working with teams who use following models : DevOps, service ownership and CI/CD
· Strong technical background in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology field
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what's been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what's possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can't make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we've never been and do things we've never done - thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds- but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We're currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.