The Welder for a major wholesaler/distributor of construction supplies & rental equipment will have the responsibility for the cleaning, prepping, repair and welding of mild steel and aluminum M.I.G. welding in a safe, timely and accurate manner.
- Welding, fabricating, grinding and sanding of materials in accordance with detail drawings, data sheets and company standards
- Clean shop equipment and shop
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to operate all type of welding and burning equipment (welder, acetylene, cutting torch)
- Able to operate all types of metal working equipment (bandsaw, grinder, iron worker, radial drill press and overhead crane)
- Ability to comprehend blueprints
- Knowledgeable of characteristics of metals and proper welding materials
- Detail oriented and organized
- Able to complete deadlines
- English language reading and writing proficiency
- Proficient math skills
- Able to lift up to 100 pounds
- Positive, professional attitude with pleasant personality
- Problem-solving and prevention
- Sense of personal responsibility
- Must be able to pass drug screen
- Building products/hardware/construction experience preferred
- Two years on the job training as a Welder
Masons Supply Company is a locally owned and operated business for over 98 years, with 11 locations in Oregon and Washington. We are dedicated to serving the construction, restoration, and maintenance of commercial, industrial, and infrastructure projects. Our strategic locations are placed to save our customers time and freight.
Masons is committed to the local Northwest market. Our livelihood is dependent on the strength and growth of the Northwest and the infrastructure that it supports. We are proud of our support of the local economy, and the fact that our tax and revenue dollars stay in the local community.
Masons offers terrific career opportunities, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, company paid life insurance, supplemental voluntary term life insurance, 401k retirement plan, long-term disability, Colonial policies, paid time off (sick/personal, vacation, and company paid holidays) and an exciting opportunity to join as a member of The Masco Team. If working for a leader in the construction industry and a company that cares about its people excites you- join our family!
Posting ID: 568030803Posted: 2020-10-25