Allied Universal is seeking the position of a Security Officer.
As a Security Officer for Allied Universal you will be Responsible for the Security and Safety of our client's property and personnel. As the Allied Universal Security Officer, you will know all site-specific policies and procedures, and implement emergency response activities as appropriate, while providing superior customer service.
Security officers may be asked to perform many essential functions at the facility they work at, although not an exhaustive list, these are a few of them:
This is a site that is uner cosntrunction. In time it will be a fully fledged packaging facility. We will be hiring 9 - 10 Officers with atleast 1 year of experience in security.
All shifts are available with 9, 40 - 32 hours openeings and 2 -3 PT and on call openings.
The responsibilities are listed below:
- Officers ensure the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property.
- Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests.
- Greet guests and employees in a cheerful and welcoming manner.
- Answers questions and assists guests and employees.
- Remains flexible to ever changing environment; adapts well to different situations.
- Patrolling the facility on foot or in a vehicle.
- Answering phones, greeting guests and employees
- Monitoring closed circuit television systems and alarms.
- Officers report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing.
- Handle security issues or emergency situations appropriately.
- Fully embrace security/safety training programs to enhance their ability to advance in their careers.
- Participate in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best trained officers at their sites.
- Be aware of and familiar with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders.
- You may be required to take additional certification training, such AED, First Aid, CPR
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: .
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.