American Modern is seeking a senior finance professional to lead the transformation of systems and processes within Finance. This is a highly visible role that has both strategic and tactical focus on enhancing the effectiveness of our financial processes to enable better decision making among business leaders. The AVP Financial Systems and Data Integrity will manage a program of projects in order to successfully implement the financial system transformations. The appropriate individual will have responsibility to successfully lead ongoing complex finance system transformations. Leveraging the candidates' strong financial foundation and ability to influence at all levels, this role will identify, escalate, and ensure resolution of critical complex business decisions and roadblocks related to Accounting Transformation.
This person will assess and help develop the strategy and roadmap for finance transformation, as well as drive execution. The appropriate individual will also need to demonstrate a strong acumen in financial management, financial processes and business analytics. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced financial manager with a strong systems implementation background to play an integral role in enhancing the company's efficiency and operating decisions, and become a key member of the finance organization. The position will report to the Head of Accounting. The position will interface closely with the CFO, the VP FP&A/Treasurer, VP Portfolio Management, and the VP Reserving.
REPORTS TO - VP and Head of AMIG Accounting
This role includes, but is not limited to:
- Lead the development of the Finance Transformation Roadmap. This includes working directly with Finance leaders and IT senior executives, internal and external consultant groups, and other partners to help set the strategic vision for Finance Transformation across the Organization.
- Organize, plan, prioritize, and maintain the Finance Transformation program consisting of cross-functional activities/projects, maintaining oversight of all activities and projects associated with the transformation, and driving overall execution of milestone deliverables with adherence to budget and quality measures. Actively manages the prioritization and interdependencies of key projects and milestones. The role will work closely with Finance/IT executives to ensure alignment and execution of the prioritized implementation plan.
- Build and lead cross-functional teams to support the Finance Transformation. Teams include direct and indirect internal resources and external technology implementation partners, working with Accounting Leaders to manage the deployment of resources.
- Direct the planning and implementation of processes/best practices to guide financial systems and solution delivery, including in data design, software development life cycles, service level agreements and KPIs, in collaboration with IT. Interface with Global Finance IT team to align and leverage broader Finance systems landscape and solutions architecture.
- Consult with the finance and cross-functional leaders and partners to identify, clarify and resolve complex issues and barriers to execution that are critical to the success of the Finance Transformation program.
- Oversee the change management elements of the transformation to ensure that systems and process transformation is sustainable throughout the Accounting and supporting organizations long-term. This could include designing program-specific communication and messaging, building stakeholder analyses, establishing robust readiness plans, working with internal and external partners to develop training, documenting future state processes, etc.
- Establishes links between various transformation initiatives and business strategies using methods/approaches such as capability assessment, business analysis, financial analysis, lean/process management, organizational readiness assessment and stakeholder assessment.
- Oversee the quality assurance process for projects; ensure that an effective risk escalation process is established and work with process owners and compliance staff to ensure effectiveness of internal controls over new processes. Organize work into an integrated series of programs and projects; analyze overall work effort and allocate resources appropriately.
- Develop an ongoing Accounting systems maintenance and development function within the department to facilitate timely and accurate response to business environment and/or regulatory accounting changes.
- Continue to advance the development of RPA, Process Analysis/Improvement, Data Analysis, and Project Management capabilities within the Accounting team, in collaboration with Operations Consulting, IT, and FP&A
- Cooperate and represent AMIG in the Munich Re Group to successfully implement or support the implementation of regional financial projects and global financial projects driven out of the Headquarter in Munich.
- Work with Operations Consulting Group to advance the automation and efficiency of Accounting processes improvement.
- Further develop skill-set in the Accounting department for an ongoing process improvement.
- Represent the Finance data governance agenda and support the broader Finance department perspective on the Data Governance Committee; Drive appropriate data governance principles in the Accounting Transformation projects.
- Support M&A due diligence and integration activity as it relates to Financial Systems and process concerns.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Information Technology Management or Science.
- 10-15 years of progressive experience in Finance and Accounting within Insurance.
- Management of supporting Finance systems; relevant technology certifications.
- 5 years of managing large-scale, cross-company projects and/or programs.
- 5 years of management experience.
- Technology platform delivery experience. Expertise and/or demonstrated experience with business intelligence tools, including strategies, products and vendors. Experience in designing, reporting and delivering analytical solutions; data management and warehousing, and the strategy use of information.
- Experience engaging, influencing and advising senior executive leaders; including ensuring overall quality, timeliness and effectiveness of initiatives while facilitating alignment with executives and business partner.
- Proven ability to simplify technology concepts to business stakeholders and help them adopt new technologies/processes.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communications and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate with Senior Management. Knowledge of effective communication strategies and how to impact and influence others.
- Proven ability to lead transformation initiatives; Strong Project Management skills and experience.
- Strong change management skills.
- Strong influencing skills that can be used to lead teams and build partnerships with senior executives, internal and external partners.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Computer Science or comparable subject.
- Experience in management consulting or internal strategy/consultant departments in large companies.
- Experience working in a complex matrixed environment.
- PC Industry and Big Data experience preferred.
- Experience in business process re-design, change management, strategy development and execution.
- Certified Six Sigma.
Posting ID: 567175490Posted: 2020-08-08