The Special Education Aide assists the Teacher with classroom activities and helps to promote positive student behaviors in both academics and extra-curricular activities. The Instructional Aide provides oversight to ensure student safety and a positive school climate. The Instructional Aide assists the School Leader and Teachers by administering the assigned duties in conformity with the philosophy and policies of ACCEL Schools, the assigned school, the school's governing board, the State Board of Education, and all applicable laws.
- Supports lessons taught by the teacher to individual students or groups of students and follows instructional plans as assigned by the Teacher or School Leader
- Helps plan classroom activities as directed by the Teacher and supports the Teacher in all student and parent relations
- Assists with school activities, including, but not limited to, parent-faculty nights, faculty meetings, assemblies, commencement exercises, fundraiser, chaperoning student activities, providing guidance for students, participating on faculty committees, etc.
- Performs clerical duties, including, but not limited to, grading papers and making copies
- Assists the Teacher in the use of classroom technology
- Helps maintain the cleanliness of the classroom, lunchroom and other school areas
- Understands, accepts, abides by, and implements the school's philosophy and mission statement in all school activities
- Other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to, field trips, morning duty, dismissal duty, and lunch duty
- Works cooperatively with the Teacher and others
- Acts in accordance with directives from the Administrator (or designee) and teacher
- Contributes to a positive climate and culture by exhibiting high professional standards
- Associate Degree, two years of college coursework, or the passage of the Para Professional's Exam
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Successful completion of BCI/FBI check
- Ability to meet educational standards as applicable
- Ability to work well under pressure, and effectively prioritize and execute tasks to meet deadlines consistently
- Understanding and ability to manage confidential information
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- Physical ability to lift 25-40 lbs.
- Experience in a school or social services setting is a plus
Posting ID: 581919965Posted: 2020-10-23