Experience Required: 6 months to 1 year
Education Required: No High School diploma required
Certification or Licensing Required: Food Safety
• Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
• Enable unparalleled guest service by leading the team by example, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors, and stakeholders.
• Maintain the store to the standards of the Store and Team Leaders, while providing unparalleled service to each guest. Meet the guest needs while completing their order, including selling and preparing product.
• Ring up guest orders by scanning product or entering price into register, finalize sale, and collect payment by totaling order, deducting coupons, and accepting tender from guest. Bag orders by placing grocery orders into the appropriate bags and then into the guest carts.
• Maintain cleanliness of parking area by sweeping up debris or shoveling snow when necessary. Collect carts from parking area and return to store. Empty trash in and outside of building to ensure a safe and clean experience for guests and Team Members.
• Respond to all guest requests in person and via phone, in a timely manner using exemplary guest service skills at all times.
Process guest returns/exchanges, assist with lottery and Western Union purchases.
• Stock, rotate, block, and maintain product on shelves and have knowledge of code dating.
• Proper unloading and storage of food items in prep areas and coolers. Unload product from truck and break down any pallets. Load flats with proper product to be taken to the floor and hand stacked, for any and all departments in the store.
• Maintain proper temperature checks on all "hot" foods in prepared foods department. Set up and maintain prepared foods case with fresh items. Set up and maintain salad bar.
• Receive and process all Direct Store Delivery vendor products according to Company policy.
• Maintain a clean, organized, and clutter-free backroom/receiving area operation. Ensure that Direct Store Delivery vendors are delivering product to the receiving area during established delivery times, and that the number of vendors in the backroom at one time doesn't exceed proper levels.
• Maintain a safe and secure environment in the receiving area by adhering to the Company's prescribed safety methods.
• Remove bakery packaging and labeling; check dates on bakery product, and maintain stock in bakery area.
• Record time worked according to SMARTtrack policy and procedure.
• Capture guest orders for later purchase in person or over the phone, by writing down the order, indicating product desired, and date for pick up of order.
• Finish product as necessary in Fresh departments.
• Ensure quality control in produce and fresh departments, including documenting and recording all know loss for the departments.
• Assist store leadership with inventory management, AR and ordering functions, and code dating.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned.