The Distribution Center Accounting Coordinator provides professional accounting and financial analysis support for the Distribution Center management and operational areas. Under the direction of the Controller or Accounting Manager, this position directs accounting activities/ transactions, financial close, reporting analytics, and office services for the Distribution Center. Gathers, organizes, and analyzes information in the completion of both routine and special assignments under varying amounts of guidance and direction. This role will interface with most levels of the Company in addressing financial questions, results, and variances and procedures. Assisting Accounting Manager in directing staff accountant / analysts and clerks activities will vary in numbers based on size and complexity of the Distribution Center. The role will have oversight responsibilities for key processes and activities and are typically on a development track to become a manager.
- Monitor all general ledger activity to confirm accuracy of postings and promptly respond to any changes deemed necessary.
- Interact with operational department managers regarding budget activity and actual results
- Complete ad/hoc reporting and requested by Accounting Manager.
- Update and ensure quality KPI dashboard for operational publication and use.
- Complete and distribute daily/weekly reports to include: Service level, gross profit, inventory turns, progress, and labor reports.
- Provide ad/hoc reporting efforts as requested by Controller/Acctg Manager, or operational management areas.
- Coordinate with expense payables clerk to ensure invoices are routed and approved for payment in a timely manner. Confirm ledger coding is correct.
- Assist Accounting Manager in period balance sheet reconciliation activity and analysis.
- Perform period balance sheet reconciliation activity to confirm ledger accuracy
- Create general ledger journal entries as needed.
- Partner with Inventory Control area on financial controls and associated reporting of activity.
- Complete freight system updates, financial accruals, and reports as needed to align with transportation backhaul activity.
- Oversee payroll clerk activity to provide for accurate wage payment and reporting each week.
- Review daily system reports to confirm system activity is being reflected accurately for financial reporting requirements.
- Interact with Buying TEAM regarding weekly account activity
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year college degree in Finance or Accounting preferred, MBA and/or CPA a plus.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years experience in accounting, planning, reporting and analysis experience with a Fortune 500 Company
- Consumer products or distribution industry experience preferred
Skills and Experiences:
- Self-starter with strong tactical execution skills and managerial potential
- Ability to link strategies with tactical performance
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and capability to identify/execute corrective action.
- Strong analytical and investigative research skills.
- Strong understanding of inventory system and how it relates to financial reports.
- Strong supervisory skills and ability to work with and though others to achieve desired results.
- Excellent project management and resource prioritization skills. Ability to develop realistic timelines and deliver results.
- Strong analytical skills to develop business proposals, including NPV and IRR analysis and experience in new business development, productivity analysis
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Access PowerPoint, and Essbase.
- High degree of initiative and results orientation.
- Must excel in a fast-paced, high volume production operation with tight deadlines and high customer service expectations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Good interpersonal. Skills and desire to be a team player
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Less than 10% travel.
- Work typically performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Uses calculators, keyboards, telephone and other office equipment in the course of a normal workday.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Posting ID: 586450542Posted: 2020-11-12