Job Description - Product Senior Manager (19000405)
Product Senior Manager - ( 19000405 )
GCI's Senior Product Manager of Internet is to maximize the success of the organization's product offerings by owning responsibility for product strategy, product development, and product lifecycle management.
Essential Duties of All Levels in the Position:
· Document and distribute the product information necessary to ensure success of the functional groups required to sell, delivery, and support products
· Conduct financial analysis and develop business cases to drive revenue attainment
· Provide executive decision-makers with the reporting insights needed to drive organizational success
· Optimize product success across each stage of the product life-cycle by identifying under-performing areas and creating plans for improvement
· Integrate both financial and strategic analysis into a synthesized set of hypotheses and conclusions
· Draw actionable insights from market validation channels by collaborating with functional groups tosolicit feedback from customer-facing teams and customers themselves
· Product Strategy - Market and technology research and trend analysis, idea intake and evaluation, product roadmaps, cross-portfolio collaboration, lifecycle planning, feasibility analysis and business case development, capital planning, network architecture planning collaboration, and collaboration with market segment owners to align market and product strategy.
· Product Development - Product project planning and execution, accountability for project success, risk mitigation and contingency planning, product requirements documentation, and go-to-market activities coordination.
· Product Lifecycle Management - Product margin and EBITDA optimization, product performance evaluation and life stage management, product performance scorecard reporting, advanced technical support escalation, product operations and quality management, and product knowledgebase content maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Product Knowledge - Must possess an understanding of relevant product trends, technical platoforms, and an awareness of legal, regulatory, and security considerations relevant to assigned responsibilities
· Market Knowledge - Maintain an understanding of market segmentation, trends, and demands
· Experience - Proven experience with retail & small business cellular/mobile telecommunications products and services.
· Critical Thinking - ability to distillcore components of complex problems into succinct and easily understood conclusions
· Analytical skills - ability to analyze problems and technical situations leading to optimal solutions.
· Organizational skills - the ability to develop the organization necessary to meet the group mission and to interface with other units within the company.
· Communication - both verbal and written. Must be able to articulate design and technical information in presentation format in front of internal and external customers. Mush have demonstrated confidence and poise in presenting hypotheses, conclusions, and recommendations to executive leadership
· Independence - Ability to function autonomously, assuming a great amount of responsibility, and demonstrating leadership on assigned projects with minimal direction
· Collaboration - Proven ability to collaborate effectively across the organization to achieve a positive outcome. Must foster inter-departmental harmony by promoting cross-departmental collaboration
· Organizational Awareness - Maintain a deep understanding of organizational core competencies and awareness of their impact on product launches and lifecycle optimization
Additional Job Requirements:This is a senior level position; functioning as the subject matter expert requiring the ability to perform highly complex or unique special work assignments under deadlines and operating constraints. This position will have ownership responsibilities for some product lines, including accountability for the ultimate success or failure of those products. Requires advanced ability to perform development and implementation of projects, programs, and procedures of general organizational impact. Increased product and market knowledge is expected, relative to more junior positions. Must have the experience to provide functional/technical guidance to lower level staff while fostering teamwork within area of responsibility. Increased product and market knowledge is expected, relative to more junior positions. This position may have one or more direct reports.
Essential Duties for this position:
· Product Lifecycle Management. Collaborate with key company leaders on sales/market forecasting, financial budgeting, capital planning, and infrastructure capacity planning. Negotiate contract terms and maintain vendor relationships. Direct the ongoing evaluation of portfolio products and optimization of products with respect to their lifecycle stage (launch, growth, harvest, retire, etc.).
· Product Development. Collaborate with project management and key stakeholders to create and execute a project plan that achieves defined requirements. Guide Go-To-Market activities to support a successful product launch. Advocate for customer experience objectives and strategic integrity during development and life-cycle management efforts. Collaborate with project management to conduct risk mitigation and contingency planning.
· Product Strategy. Interact with executive leadership to intake ideas, analyze feasibility, determine strategic alignment, and prioritize development initiatives on long-term product roadmap
· Leadership. Accept responsibility for the success or failure of assigned products. Guide the outcome of large initiatives with material impact to the organization's financial success. Contribute thought leadership by participating in market conversations and industry events. Direct the work of Product Management team members and other functional groups.
Minimum of fifteen years of experience in a relevant field required;
o to include Technology Sales and/or Marketing,
o IT Development and/or Operations,
o Software Development,
o Technology Engineering,
o and Data Analytics.
Telecommunications industry experience preferred.
Familiarity with common product development methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall is preferred.
Product Management and/or Product Development experience is required.High school diploma or equivalent required.
Bachelor Degree in Business, Accounting, and Economics, Industrial Management/Engineering or related field is required.
Or a combination of relevant exempt experience and/or education sufficient to perform the duties may substitute for the degree on a year for year basis.
Physical Requirements:Primarily sedentary office work with some travel to company locations where indoor and outdoor work may be required.Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, using hand tools and repetitive motions.Clarity of vision to see near, mid-range, and color. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
Working Conditions: Majority of work is performed in Anchorage with projects both in and out of town.Position requires travel to remote locations (which may include traveling in small aircraft) in Alaska for site surveys, meetings and contract management/inspection purposes.
The company and its subsidiaries operate in a 24/7 environment providing critical services to Alaskans and may need to respond to public health and safety matters or other business emergencies. Due to business needs employees, may be contacted outside of the normal business hours to respond to the immediate emergency. You will be requested to provide an emergency after hours contact numbers.
Driving Requirements (if applicable): Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record. Must be able to drive, as use of personal vehicle for transportation between various company facilities is required.
EEO: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or another characteristic protected by law.