Anchorage, AK 99503 US (Primary)
# of Hires Needed
Percentage of Time Willing to Travel
10 - 20%
The General Manager of Brice Environmental Services Corporation (BESC) is responsible for directing the operations of the company in accordance with industry standards, regulatory agencies, and internal goals and policies. This position oversees operations and resources; managing and providing leadership while contributing to the strategic goals of the company.
- Plan and coordinate the development of overall strategic plans for the company growth in terms of revenues, profits, labor force, personnel training, work quality, and customer loyalty.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Direct and coordinate financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, organization officials, and staff members as necessary.
- Develop and implement business plan for profitability.
- Act as a mentor and coach staff.
- Conduct documented performance review evaluations and corrective action plans.
- Foster and develop improvement and adherence to project specific processes and procedures.
- Oversee the coordination of all aspects of projects including estimating, bidding, reporting, client interface, timeline, and day-to-day activities.
- Oversee all consultants and Project Managers to ensure contracts and agreements are executed and implemented to the satisfaction of the President.
- Network with local, regional, state, and industry agencies; educational institutions; organizations; and private sector business interests for future projects and branding.
- Tactfully communicate sensitive information.
- Ensure that projects are executed safely according to contract specifications; specifically:
- Model and reinforce safety as a top priority of the organization.
- Stay apprised of on-site compliance and safety audits; suspend or modify work practices as necessary.
- Serve as a point of contact for employees to express health and safety concerns.
Manages the work of project management and project operations personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Performs as a self-managed individual.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Ability to manage multiple departments and levels of personnel.
- Technical knowledge of various field construction concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of construction, architectural, and building industry standard operating practices/procedures.
- Ability to prepare accurate budgets and cost estimates; in-depth knowledge of fiscal management principles and procedures.
- Ability to create, read, and understand complex contract documents.
- Knowledge of procurement rules and regulations.
- Skill in organizing resources, establishing priorities, meeting deadlines and general time management.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Effective professional communication and interpersonal skills with regard to:
- Internal and external written, graphical, and verbal communications.
- Working with other departments and personnel to accomplish STG's objectives.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with customers and organizations; exceptional follow-up skills.
- Ability to work productively under pressure.
- Excellent analytical and forecasting skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions.
- Ability to actively listen and provide high quality customer service.
- Ability to do business ethically with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
- Ability to travel for work related purposes (up to 20% of the time).
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations, detect unobvious facts and issues, and exercise resourcefulness in resolving problems.
- Ability to collaborate, partner, and exercise change management skills.
- Knowledge of basic revenue models, project ledger, and cost-to-completion projections.
- Ability to comply with and enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Ability to read construction plans and specifications preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, construction, or other related field; or a level of education that, together with experience and training, enables the applicant to meet the job requirements.
- Ten years of progressively increased responsibilities and diverse experience in a professional organization.
- Work related experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint) and project management software.
- Knowledge of remote Alaska logistics and environmental/construction practices strongly preferred.
- Ability to pass a drug and background screening.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. BESC has a fast-paced multi-tasking office environment requiring a high degree of efficient and effective performance. At times, work is performed outside of the office at indoor and outdoor job sites. Adaptability regarding schedule and design changes, and occasional overtime for immediate field support or bid processing may be necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Frequent: Standing, Walking, Lifting up to 25 lbs., Carrying up to 25 lbs
Continuous: Sitting, Talking, Grasping, Lifting 10 lbs or less, Carrying 10 lbs or less, Eye/Hand Coordination (Foot), Fine Manipulation
Continuous: Close Vision, Distance Vision, Peripheral Vision, Depth Perception, Ability to Adjust Focus
Continuous: Thinking Analytically, Using Effective Verbal & Written Communication, Handling Stress & Emotions, Concentrating on Tasks, Remembering Details, Making Decisions, Adjusting to Changes, Examining/Observing Details
Frequent: Working w/Others & Working Alone
Continuous: Exposure to Inside Temperatures
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Others duties may be assigned.
Preference will be given to Calista shareholders and their descendants and spouses, and to shareholders of other corporations created pursuant to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i).
Additionally, BESC's policy is to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, Calista's policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, layoff, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
It is BESC's business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.
You like this. Sign Up to see what your friends like.