No. of Positions
Auto req ID
Infrastructure Management Services (IMS)-Linux-Red Hat Linux
Business Line FT
Job Description (Posting).
Should have around 7+ years of Unix Experience with 5+ years of demonstrated experience and proficiency in managing and maintaining Linux, will be responsible for: -
• Installing, configuring and maintaining Linux Servers.
• Installation and configuration of High Availability environment
• Configuration and administration of Logical volume manager.
• Patch and Package administration.
• writing shell scripts for day to day system administration task
• Configuring and supporting VMware.
• Troubleshooting Hardware and Operating system related issue.
• Capacity planning and Fine tune system for optimal performance.
• Configuring Unix/Linux Security baseline.
• Experience in System Fault Tolerance Design, Business continuity and Disaster recovery planning.
• Should be able to troubleshoot Storage related errors
• Experience on network technologies and trouble shoot the OS related
• Experience on AIX, Cent OS administration
• Experience on ITIL process and P1, P2 trouble shooting exp
• Syslog & Log management
• OS System and Hardware firmware upgrades
• Good experience MULTI PATH (EMC power path and IBM storage) on San Boot environment too
• Well experience in Firewall IPTABLES, TCP Wrappers implementation
• Implementation the LAN bounding active/passive, active/active With Vlan Tagging
• Create and managing Hard and Soft Links
• Experience in deploying and creating new VM guests with utilizing Red Hat Satellite Server as well as Customized ISO Images and templates.
• Setup and Configured Red Hat Satellite and Kickstart Servers for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6 installs and RHN Push Updates
• Implementing & maintaining VMware (vSphere 4.x, 5.x & vSphere client)
• Planning, Designing & Implementing DR site design. Identifying Hardware & Software, requirements for DR site and ensure smooth operation of DR site.
• Interacting with Vendors and technical support teams for issues related to specific tools.
• Interfacing with Onsite & Offshore team in resolving their problems.
• Preparing & sending out the weekly status report to client & HCL managers.
• Working with Senior Leadership to ensure the most effective practices and technologies in the environment.
• Mentor team members in design and analysis activities.
• Assist in the training and orientation of other staff and end users.
• Coordinate development activities, evaluate and report performance of project.
• Provide technical analysis and solutions to issues and technical direction.
• Utilize technical expertise to manage multiple assignments, including large and critical projects to assure timely and cost-effect objectives delivery.
• Schedule and prioritize work and plan a sequence of development activities that accomplish the planned targets. Set priorities and provide reports to the management. (1.) To adhere to quality standards, regulatory requirements and company policies (2.) To provide support for on call escalations and doing incident & problem management (3.) To independently resolve t
Posting ID: 558959837Posted: 2020-07-14