Must have experience cooking. You will be cooking for large amounts of people every shift. Please notate during application if you have relatable experience.
Looking for a cook that will provide cooking services for a 54 nursing home. Your normal day would consist of cooking, cleaning, and using proper food handling techniques to provide excellect food.
Thank you for your interest!
Dietary Services Staff are responsible for the preparation and serving of the resident's meals using proper food handling techniques. Meals must be prepared according to the approved menu and recipes which are on file within the dietary department. Dietary service staff must maintain appropriate cleanliness and sanitation to prevent the occurrence of food home illnesses.
Must be able to read, write and follow oral and written instructions.
- Six months pervious experience in dietary services preferable but not essential.
- Worker receives on-the-job training with supervision and must demonstrate that they can physically carry out all dietary related duties.
- Knowledge of food preparation and food service.
- Must have some knowledge in the use of food service equipment and related cleaning equipment.
- Has an interest in learning, ability to cooperate, and willingness to work under supervision.
- Adheres to all company policies and performs task in a timely and efficient fashion.
- Must work as scheduled each week, working weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must have a pre-employment and an annual Tuberculosis screening examination.
- Has appropriate health certificate as required by local, state, and federal health departments.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Adhere to directives of the Dietary Supervisor, Administrator, or Director of Nurses.
- To keep the Dietary Area in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Must have genuine interest in working with the elderly.
- Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis, and perform task despite frequent interruptions. Keeps an open line of communication with other department members.
- Ability to perform task with due consideration for residents in surrounding areas.
- Exercise initiative and judgment involved in maintaining assigned area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Must be willing to handle and clean dirty dishes, trays, utensils, and equipment within the dietary department.
- Must have the ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors.
- Prepared meals according to approved menus and recipes.
- Organize tray assembly and meal service.
- Reports any equipment problems to the Dietary Supervisor.
- Maintains and submits records for food and supplies used to the Dietary Supervisor.
- Communicates needs and recommends changes which will better the department to the Dietary Supervisor.
- Attends in-service programs as scheduled nu the Dietary Supervisor.
- Performs other duties deemed necessary by the Dietary Supervisor or the facility Administrator.
- Participates in Quality Assurance measures daily.
Posting ID: 562779900Posted: 2020-08-11