Assistant Night Stock Manager FLSA
Grocery Revision Date
: 10/2016General Function
Sets the department standards for customer service, employee relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and overall profitability. Assists in supervising Night Stock employees. Ensures the trucks are unloaded and merchandise is stocked and stored in an appropriate and orderly manner.Reporting Relations:
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director; Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Managers of Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Assistant Managers; Night Stock Manager
Positions that Report to you: Night Stock CrewPrimary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork. Generates a friendly atmosphere by encouraging employees to greet and speak to customers; providing prompt, courteous, and efficient service to customers and sets a good example.
- Sets the department standards for customer service, employee relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and overall profitability.
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Orders products from warehouse; pre-orders, orders from grocery to dock, pre-orders for grocery, non foods, and supplies; orders for departments from the lists provided by department and frozen; walks store and reviews for needs; prepares per-orders and orders them, coordinates work with assistant managers, and assigns duties to part time employees.
- Supervises night stock crew; assigns work duties and holds consultations with employees.
- Supervises and directs assistant managers, departments, and custodian crews.
- Coordinates CARS system; set up, inventory each section of sub dock, understock and back stocks, sets triggers for reordering, maintenance on system, removes damage and mix picks, removes inventory used by departments from grocery, and generates order and reviews it.
- Unloads trucks and breaks down pallets; pulls pallets to back room, breaks down pallets to match up with the aisle, sorts items from pallets to like items from the warehouse as necessary.
- Checks in vendor deliveries piece by piece (example: Lomar Check in, bread, chips, etc.) Supervises drop shipment and direct store deliveries.
- Writes schedule for night stock.
- Monitors time-off requests, vacation requests, and sick call-ins.
- Reviews and monitors weekly overtime hours.
- Trains new employees for facing pull downs, order tags, UPC's, checking, sacking, stocking, etc.
- Trains new employees on handling registers, Customer Service, and department services.
- Monitors productivity and reviews individually with crew members.
- Understands and troubleshoots the repair of store equipment including electrical and cash register systems, coolers and compressors, machine room, display cases, etc.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Runs back stock and understock; cereal, paper, juice, fills holes as needed.
- Assists with customer service; check out, checking, sacking, and carry outs; customer service; cash accountability, day end reports, closes registers; opens registers for new days business; handles and satisfies customer issues in person and on phone.
- Meets with crew members weekly or as needed.
- Sets and resets new items and tags, and prices as needed.
- Sets in-store specials for prior ad items; sets the price using cost plus percentage for the section (or leave it as the ad price); tags items and raises prices when supply is gone.
- Supervises produce and frozen food trucks while unloading, ensures items are put in proper coolers.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Instructing, assigning work, reviewing work, planning the work of others, maintaining standards, allocating personnel, and coordinating the activities of others. Selects new employees and acts on employee problems. Has the authority to recommend the transferring/promoting, disciplining, and discharging of employees, along with recommending salary increases.Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent experience. Three to five years of similar or related work experience.Physical Requirements:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must be able to physically perform heavy work, including exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, as well as in excess of 100 pounds of force to move objects.
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near range with or without correction.
- Must be physically able to perform sedentary work: occasionally lifting or carrying objects of no more than 10 pounds, and occasionally standing or walking, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Must be able to solve arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Possess the ability to compose original correspondence; interpret written work instructions; interview job applicants; follow technical manuals and have increased contact with people.
This position is occasionally exposed to noise, vibrations, equipment movement hazard, chemicals/solvents, and frequently exposed to dirt.Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Telexon ordering unit, computer, compressor, C.A.R.S. system, power jack, compactor, check register, fork lift, scales, Tomra machines, two wheeler, and box cutter.Financial Responsibility:
Cash registers, pre-orders and regular orders, inventory, CARS system and its orders, pricing items/books, and received deliveries.Contacts:
This position has daily contact with suppliers/vendors and customers.