Founded in 1890, Lessing's Hospitality Group is a sixth-generation, family-owned company comprised of over 120 locations throughout the Northeast and Florida. Lessing's operates 17 wedding and catering venues, 10 full-service restaurants, over 80 corporate and academic dining centers, eight Blaze Fast-Fire'd Pizza franchises and a historic inn. Steeped in over 130 years of tradition, but adapting to a constantly changing industry, Lessing's Hospitality Group's focus is on providing each guest with unique, personalized experiences and remarkable hospitality.
Come join our team as a Banquet Server at one of our premier catering locations!
Please use this link to complete an application on our Company Career Page: https://lessingsinc.peoplematter.jobs/
Banquet Server Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide assistance to banquet managers in the serving of guests during banquet functions to ensure positive guest experience.
• Set up banquet room as requested by the supervisor to include glassware, serviceware, and linen.
• Attend roll call meetings before events start in order to learn function particulars, including hotel and guest expectations.
• Greet and welcome guests and respond to their requests in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Serve the beverage and food in the appropriate order and in tune with the expectation of the supervisor so as to ensure consistency throughout the banquet.
• Quickly remove dishes as guests finish each meal at the end of each meal or function.
• Abide by all corporate act, laws and requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
• Replenish beverages when necessary, and check with guests to make sure they are satisfied.
• After the banquet, reset banquet room in accordance with the supervisor's specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for other functions.
• Follow attendance rules and always go to work on a regular basis.
• Perform other related functions that may be assigned.
Banquet Server Qualifications:
• Hospitality experience preferred.
• Must be willing to relate cordially with other members of the team and help co-workers with their job duties.
• Must have basic knowledge of service standards, guest relations, food and beverage preparations as well as etiquette.
Posting ID: 41047262Posted: 2020-09-29