Gulf Coast Hardware Ace Hardware in Rockport is looking for a full-time (preferably) or PT small engine Service Technician. The Service Technician plays a significant role in driving profitability through excellent customer service, technical and operational excellence, and implementing best practices for the various delivery of repairs and maintenance.
Summary of Position:
Provide excellent customer service by performing basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned consumer and residential small engine equipment.
• Achieve assigned metric standards for performance and profitability.
• Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on small engine equipment including 2 and 4 cycle engines. Products to repair include items such as Chainsaws, Lawn Mowers, Weed-eater, Pressure Washers, generators.
• Participates in Service Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
• Maintains current knowledge of Stihl, Husqvarna, Toro and competitive products.
• Maintains condition of inventory, tools and equipment.
• Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
• Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
• Completes all reports, logs and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
• Accounts for all time on designated equipment worked on.
• Account for all material used in performing assigned duties.
• Responsible to achieve job specific metrics and sales volume.
• Valid driver license is required and ensure that driving records remains insurable under the corporate auto policy.
• Help customers on sales floor.
• Other duties as assigned.
o High School Diploma or equivalent experience required.
o Highly Organized
o Valid driver's license required and maintain a company insurable driving record: Must have a clean driving record.
o Basic Service Technician certification preferred.
o Ability to use company computer systems and achieve a basic to intermediate computer functions.
o Ability to complete Warranty Claims in a timely manner.
o Ability to charge correctly for all service repair work.
o Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
o Proficient oral and written communication skills.
o Customer Focused communication style.
o Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures.
o Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of small engine lawn, garden & power equipment.
o Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
o Fork lift experience preferred; or able and willing to learn.
o Must meet all physical demands of position and work environment.
Starting pay is negotiable based on experience. Will entertain someone who wants to work only PT.
Posting ID: 547929068Posted: 2020-07-10