Location: Good Samaritan Society Arapahoe
Address: 601 Main St, Arapahoe, NE 68922-0448 USA
Employment Type: Part-Time
Shift: 10 Hours - Day Shifts
$500 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!!
- This position is responsible to oversee department compliance with local, state and federal regulations and to perform the following according to location standards and procedures.
- Demonstrates/encourages quality, person-centered care for the whole individual.
- Formulates and works within annual budget. Recruits, hires, and staffs work area at appropriate levels.
- Acquires resources and means that promote a quality work environment.
- Accepts accountability for activities under direct control; plans and organizes work with and for department.
- Exercises sound judgment and decision-making; promotes cooperative working relationships within and between departments.
- Keeps abreast of and implements new programs or practices.
- Assists and participates in the QA/CQI process ensuring quality performance, and oversees department compliance.
- Oversees procurement, storage, preparation, distribution and service of food under sanitary conditions.
- Oversees and assures appropriate nutritional care for all residents according to physician orders, state/federal regulations and resident care plans within applicable scope of practice for profession.
- Assures nutritious appetizing meals, snacks and supplements are planned, prepared, and served in a pleasant atmosphere.
- Assesses residents' nutritional needs and documents nutritional care provided to resident within applicable scope of practice.
- Provides residents with opportunities for independence and choice consistent with their care plans and their cultural, ethnic and religious food preferences.
- Ensures residents' common dining areas are pleasant and orderly.
- Receives and shares information; observes and reports residents' conditions to appropriate staff.
- Engage with employees daily and make certain staff has what is required to be successful in their position.
- Demonstrates understanding of the work for positions supervised; ensures staff schedule is adequate and updated accordingly; assures daily work is assigned and provides staff authority to complete.
- Updates staff on changes in workload or workplace and provides structured feedback.
- Assesses staff competency and plans for education needs.
- Notifies maintenance staff of equipment problems.
- Demonstrates safe operation of dishwashing and kitchen equipment.
- Follows location infection control procedures and OSHA and CDC guidelines that apply to blood borne pathogens while serving food, assisting residents and cleaning.
- Prior applicable work experience is preferred to be hired into this job.
- Completion of an accredited college program and registration with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics as a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN), state licensure as a dietitian/nutritionist or nutrition and dietetic technician, registered (NDTR).
- Must become ServSafe certified within 90 days of employment.
- Basic ability to communicate and comprehend; ability to measure and comprehend certain quantities.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit https//www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit https//www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
Req ID: req52654
id="detrack" defer src="https://d2e48ltfsb5exy.cloudfront.net/p/t.js?i=0,1" data-g="2F52CE37E57D4777AC2C42724BADE28C220">
Posting ID: 587813706Posted: 2020-11-18