Location: Good Samaritan Society Arapahoe
Address: 601 Main St, Arapahoe, NE 68922-0448 USA
Employment Type: PRN
Shift: 12 Hours - Night Shifts
- Provides the right medication to the right person at the right time in the right dose and by the right route ensuring all changes in medication are responded to in a timely manner.
- Stores medications correctly, cleans and locks med cart or other storage system.
- Follows location policy for missed medications, accidentally dropped or spit out by the resident, and medication errors.
- Follows procedures for documentation, including narcotics sign out.
- Follows up with observation and documentation of resident response to medication received.
- Assists as needed to provide resident centered personal care including bathing, toileting, grooming, dressing/undressing, obtaining vital signs, psychosocial support and other personal cares.
- Assists residents with meals and snacks, provides water and supplements as appropriate.
- Provides a positive dining experience.
- Assists residents in transferring, repositioning and walking using correct and appropriate transfer techniques and equipment; provides range of motion and passive exercise.
- Documents resident cares and behaviors according to Society policy, procedure and regulations.
- Completion and certification in an accredited nursing assistant training program and state approved medication aide course as required by state in which location is located - this may require a high school diploma or a GED - refer to state regulations.
- Basic ability to communicate and comprehend; ability to measure and comprehend certain quantities; knowledge and familiarity with the therapeutic effects and side effects of all medications administered.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit https//www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit https//www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
Division: NURSING SERVICES
Req ID: req50674
id="detrack" defer src="https://d2e48ltfsb5exy.cloudfront.net/p/t.js?i=0,1" data-g="1572D08D52384778AF859622D166B028220">
Posting ID: 581237491Posted: 2020-10-21