Systems Engineering Intern - El Segundo, CA
Raytheon Intelligence & Space is seeking a Mission Analysis Modeling & Simulation engineer to support Operations Analysis across the Raytheon Intelligence & Space portfolio of leading edge, high-tech mission systems. The selected intern will be a part of our Systems Engineering team. Looking for an innovative, creative, and highly motivated intern to develop computer models and simulations that effectively capture system and system of systems effects of Raytheon Intelligence & Space v products in complex threat environments. These models will generate analytical solutions to identify technology gaps, create technology roadmaps, develop requirements, and specify the operational benefits of advanced concepts in complex operational scenarios.
As a Systems Engineering student intern, the selected candidate will develop and verify simulations, execute analysis plans and generate work products that inform system research and development and new business initiatives.
- Familiar with computer modeling and simulation
- Experience with modern programming languages (C/C++, Java, etc.)
- Thorough grasp of mathematics and statistics, including multivariate calculus, linear algebra, probability and statistics
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Security Clearance Eligibility - U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems and require a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Experience with scientific computing environments such as MATLAB, Simulink, STK or ExtendSim
- Experience with virtual simulation environments such as MaK VR Forces, Vega Prime, Ondulus, or RMS
- Experience with modern software development environments
- Basic understanding of RADAR, Electronic Warfare, and/or EO/IR systems
- Proficiency in Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Familiar with scripting languages such as Perl or Python
- Familiar with Numerical Optimization Techniques, Analysis of Alternatives, or Design of Experiments
- Possess a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Candidate must be currently enrolled at a four year university pursing a Bachelor's degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a closely related field. A cumulative GPA of 3.0+ is strongly desired. Please include your GPA and transcript with your resume.
- This position will be hired at the appropriate salary grade based on completed hours of college credit towards the required degree.
- Junior Intern (ST03 TechStudent-Junior) - must have completed 60 hours of college credits toward degree and obtained Junior status as of Spring 2021.
- Senior Intern (ST04 TechStudent-Senior) - must have completed 90 hours of college credits toward degree and obtained Senior status as of Spring 2021.
- Master's/PhD Intern (NUG Post-Graduate) - must have an undergraduate degree and currently enrolled or about to enroll in a graduate degree program as of Spring 2021.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Posting ID: 582609968Posted: 2020-10-27